Valve Rockers Don't Line Up with Valves?!

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
OK, look at these pics. As you can see there is alot of side play with the rocker set-up. These are normal.....your's are normal....life is good! Now go ride your brand new bike and quit tearing it apart every 5mins. Honestly.

dnut
Now that I see the pics, I would surmise that they prolly center themselvs up when the engine is running. These engines aren't known to have valve train problems . I would just run it. If the valves start getting noisy, then address it.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
XD yea i know i should stop ****ing with my engine. These 4 strokes never break though, i am itching to tear the motor apart :)

I will ride it till it breaks, then come here to pick your brains.

-Chris

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Oh I forgot to mention that in the picture I am not pushing them to the side. I am pushing them down so you can see how far off they are. Also, I tried to see if the valves have any wiggle room, and there is none. You can't even push them to the center.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Oh I forgot to mention that in the picture I am not pushing them to the side. I am pushing them down so you can see how far off they are. Also, I tried to see if the valves have any wiggle room, and there is none. You can't even push them to the center.
Well I find that a little hard to believe as all 3 of my HS have nearly i/8" of side movement on the rocker pivot. All of my rocker arms are made of steel, not aluminum.

And I don't know of anyone that makes a billet connecting rod like the one you show pictured that AGK sells (and others).

dnut

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
The amount of room they have is so minuscule that even when pushed towards the center, they are still way off to the side. I can post a video of it if you don't believe me.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
o.o Where can i buy something like that?

I just checked and my rockers are steel. The mount things that hold them in are perfectly straight, but the rocker arms themselves are bent. Is there any way i can bend the arms to the right like 1/16 of an inch?

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I wouldn't bother trying to bend them......they'll be fine just the way they are. As long as they're contacting the valve stem, they don't have to be centered to work properly.

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Are you sure?
It turns out that the rocker arms in the first pic are steel and both scotto and I only have steel rocker arms.

Really wouldn't make sense to have aluminum beating on steel.

If yours really are aluminum are your motors Titans?
I seriously doubt any Huashengs have aluminum rocker arms. The only aluminum parts on the three HS I currently own are the crank cases / jug, the pistons, flywheels and carbs. I have two taperd shaft and one straight shaft 49cc HS atm and they'er all a year apart in manufacturing.

dnut