HELP! Grinding noise

GoldenMotor.com

YourHERO92

Jun 28, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
When I ride my bike I have a loud grinding noise when I ride my bike. I had a friend tell me the clutch may be to tight so I loosened it according to the youtube video. But it still makes the grinding noise and is coming from the motor. Sometimes i have the clutch in and it feels as if the clutch is engaged and i have to pedal really hard to get it to disengage. Lots of screeching and grinding thats driving me insane! Someone please help me.

YourHERO92

Jun 28, 2012
I haven't put any grease in there but I've only had the bike for about a month. Don't know how long the previous owner had it for. I haven't looked into gear lube yet. I'll try to get a video of it so you can hear the noise.

YourHERO92

Jun 28, 2012

YourHERO92

Jun 28, 2012
Ok thanks, I've been kind of letting the chain do it, itself. But i do realize thats ruining the chain also. I've just been fed up and just riding it, as the bike is my main transportation around the city; to and from school.

briggsandstratton

Jul 11, 2012
new york
well if your chain was really off it could cause it to grind but most likely the chains to big
what size chain is it? 41 works for most kits but some need 415 chain
-briggsandstratton

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I'd just slap some grease in there and let nature take it's course eventually it'll wear down. Also make sure you have put some grease on the ball bearing behind the bucking bar (the thingy that pushes to engage the clutch) that thing will make a heck of a noise if not lubed.

Keenan Collins

Mar 25, 2019
I'd just slap some grease in there and let nature take it's course eventually it'll wear down. Also make sure you have put some grease on the ball bearing behind the bucking bar (the thingy that pushes to engage the clutch) that thing will make a heck of a noise if not lubed.

Keenan Collins

Mar 25, 2019
I'd like some feed back please.My chain locks up a lot.It goes back and forth from clutch to chain.I ground teeth on front sprocket.Not rubbing where I can see.Adjusted clutch 600 times.Engine looks like same chain angle as others I see.Brand new only able to ride around yard a few timesSpring tensioner and stock tensioner in place rite chain.Could bike be to low?Whats proper degree angle for chain?Could it be angled to much to one side maybe?I can't find any skinny mounts I've been told to lower it.Any ideas ?

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I'd like some feed back please.My chain locks up a lot.It goes back and forth from clutch to chain.I ground teeth on front sprocket.Not rubbing where I can see.Adjusted clutch 600 times.Engine looks like same chain angle as others I see.Brand new only able to ride around yard a few timesSpring tensioner and stock tensioner in place rite chain.Could bike be to low?Whats proper degree angle for chain?Could it be angled to much to one side maybe?I can't find any skinny mounts I've been told to lower it.Any ideas ?
Sometimes it's locking up due to too much slack in the chain, raising the chain tensioner and making sure the chain is as straight as possible will help. If you can't get it to stop locking up at the engine sprocket this guy makes an anti-chain lock device for HT engines or you can make something similar yourself.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-motorized-bicycle-engine-part-ANTI-CHAIN-LOCK-UP-PART-KIT/182007083217