a new problem

GoldenMotor.com

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
so my first problem was gas leaking from the carb, today when i went to try and fix it, it worked.

i held the clutch in with full throttle and choke open, and after pedaling for awhile and trying to start up the engine it was working.

i noticed that if i closed the choke, the engine would not go on unless i left it open.

after riding it for awhile like that the engine was making some popping noise and then it died.

now whn i pedal and hold the clutch in and let it go all i hear is the bike stopping and no engine turning on. does this mean i need a new engine?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
nice 72 views nice.
Seriously? Maybe after reading that post, 72 people were at a loss for how to respond.

Try running it with THE CHOKE OPEN. If it ran with it open, why would you close it? That makes no sense.

No, you don't need a new engine, but you need to read up, and at least learn the basic operation of the very very simple 2 cycle engine.:-||

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
What ratio are you mixing your gasoline and oil at?
What kind of engine do you have?
Describe the "popping sound".
What color is the plug?
Do you have any spark?

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
Seriously? Maybe after reading that post, 72 people were at a loss for how to respond.

Try running it with THE CHOKE OPEN. If it ran with it open, why would you close it? That makes no sense.

No, you don't need a new engine, but you need to read up, and at least learn the basic operation of the very very simple 2 cycle engine.:-||
yeah i closed it just to see.

i left it open after the engine made the dying noise and now idk whats wrong

4 ounces to the gallon

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
You've got a LOT of reading to do. The problems you're having have happened to other people, they posted, with more info and their problems were fixed.

These questions you keep posting, try typing those in the search box and reading what is returned. We are here to help but we like to see you trying to help yourself also. Not just continually posting questions that have already been answered, a LOT.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
now whn i pedal and hold the clutch in and let it go all i hear is the bike stopping and no engine turning on. does this mean i need a new engine?
It is pretty messed up to complain about the number of views and lack of response when you label the post "a new problem". That is way too vague so people open it just to see what you are talking about. It is also in the wrong section, this should be in the troubleshooting or repair section.

When you say that the bike is stopping, does that mean the engine is not turning over at all and locking up the rear wheel? If so, that sounds like the engine is seized up.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Also, if the rear wheel isn't locking up much and the motor isn't turning over, it could be the clutch slipping. Pretty common problem on a mis-adjusted or dirty clutch

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
You need to come to grips with the basic operation of your bike and post some better information if you want help to get it running. You need to know when the motor is turning over but not firing, and when it is not turning over at all etc.
The choke just restricts air flow to the carb, it wont effect the motor turning over. I am at a loss to help you because I have very little info on what your real problem is....

Does the motor turn over when you release the clutch?
No use wasting time posting possible solutions to problems you probably dont have.....

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
when i use the search button i see stuff that doesnt really relate to my question, but it just searches the words that i type in the search button, but not necesarily what i look for..

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
i dont even know what the motor turning over means lol
That admission means you've got a lot to learn yet and maybe shouldn't try to operate a motor bike yet. Much less build one.

Keep searching, it is a google search box so when you see posts that aren't relevant to your issue use a - sign to filter those posts out.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Juhston, on the chance everyone else is wrong and this is not a joke, were here to help. First off, Never start any motor with the "gas" wide open! Choke ON is , UP. Choke Down is OFF. Always turn the little valve on the gas tank OFF so you don't cause a fire overnight. (c)