Drive Sprocket Won't Turn: HELP!! (Grub 4G T-Belt)

GoldenMotor.com

travboat

May 2, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
I have an 80/10T Grubee 4G T-belt setup; the 10T drive sprocket is solid and the 80T pulley has the notorious one-way bearing. When I hit the clutch, the belt/pulleys turn, but the drive sprocket won't power the chain.

I took the 80T pulley off and both the clips still appeared to be on either side of the bearing, but I don't know if is a good indication as to whether the bearing is trashed or not. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Since I'm new at this, I don't really know what it could be. If it is the one-way, I suppose I could get my cousin to weld it and get a freewheel axle; does anyone have a good description of how to weld the one-way? If it's not the one-way, then I'm stumped.

I've scoured this forum for an answer and I've found a few vague threads alluding to this problem, but none with a concise or clear answer/resolution.

Thanks for all the help.

travboat

May 2, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
I think my problem is solved; it looks like the bearing was installed backwards. If that didn't do it, I'll get the freewheel kit. Thanks for looking anyway.

travboat

May 2, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Nevermind... my last post didn't make sense. It's apparent the bearing failed; it's really noisy. I'm just going to weld it solid and get a HD wheel kit.