Crazy Ride!

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That wasn't CGI, was it? Some guy really did that. Whoa. Looks like a lotta fun, but I think I'll just watch the video, thank you very much.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Piece of cake. I road like this when I was younger. The key to it all is just don't wreck! lol. Yes I had some wrecks laff

That cliff side makes it a real thrill to watch! Kinda want to try it as I think it was not that bad? ha ha. Last yes in hind sight 20/20 all unnecessary risks. There is way better things to do than get hurt. I still carry around some injury's. They don't really bother tho. I would hate like all heck to have any kind of accident these days lol. Its all good till the warranty is gone!

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Crazy... but there are a few parts in that video, near the 30 second mark that go extremely fast over some big rocks and does not seem to shake the camera in relation to the bumps

Perhaps a little bit of fast forward added to the editing of the video

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The guy in the video prolly has his hands and arms stiff as all heck making sure he has a darn good hold on what he is doing!

While guy's like us don't have a cliff side to worry about wrecking into. Just remmember the traffic on our left! It's just as bad! The key to it all is just don't wreck! lol. lafflaff

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's really not that scary. It's the same as TV making you butt look big, except it is scary, and your butt is big.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
These guys must weigh about 100 lbs. I can't keep from breaking spokes just hitting little pot holes.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Full sus bikes built for it work flawless. Even when I myself only had the option of front sus. I put a good down hill style fork with a disk brake 203mm. I have ran with 14 guage spokes for years and still do.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Crazy... but there are a few parts in that video, near the 30 second mark that go extremely fast over some big rocks and does not seem to shake the camera in relation to the bumps

Perhaps a little bit of fast forward added to the editing of the video
The entire video is sped up quite a bit, not even the worlds top downhillers go that fast..... i think they sped it up, not to make you believe he was going that fast but rather to show you the entire downhill run.

Bikes like these often have around 7-8 inches of travel in the front and around 10 inches of travel in the rear like my Santa Cruz V10 does

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I don't think it was sped up. I think it's a Go Pro camera. Good stuff. Type GoPro or Go Pro on youtube and there are tons of sports videos esp. motorcycles and bikes.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I think it's definitely sped up, if not this guy would be world downhill champ. I've ridden downhill a long time and watched tons of videos and world downhill events...... I could be wrong but I'm almost certain it's sped up, and sped up quite a bit.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
He may be a Peruvian champ and maybe he knows that track well but i still believe that video has been sped up.

Or possibly its the Go Pro camera making it look faster then it really is, an optical illusion?

Last edited: