Ok I have to ask

GoldenMotor.com

thepolarpandabear

Jun 11, 2011
Michigan
I've been here for a while and I have to ask why some members of the forum have somewhat of a grudge with grubee. I've never used any of their products before, so what's up?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Everybody has there own beliefs and opinions on what is better. It's always gonna be that way no matter what. It's like Ford -vs- Chevy if you ask me. Both brands will do the job just fine getting you from A to B, parts for each are virtually the same price. All those members that don't like or prefer not to use Grubee products, must have gotten a lemon when they got there kit, or had a lack of experience when they used Grubee, or even read someone else's review about grubee and based there opinion off of that and not an actual experience.

If you ask me it comes down to the owner; Whether or not they took the preventative steps to take care of the bike. I own an HT66 and a Grubee GT5. They both run well, but I like the Grubee by far over the other kit (quicker/faster, easier to tune). I have had my Grubee GT5 for a while now, I have close to 5000 miles on the motor, and I have never had any major issues other then a broken chain (410) before I swapped that out for a #41. All china girls, HT's, and Grubee's are not going to be perfect out of the box. Any one of these kits can be made pretty reliable and last for a long time if you take the steps to assure it. My builds

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I can agree somewhat with f rod, but also have my own opinion to offer. One main difference is price. Grubee kits sell for anywhere from 150 to 200 depending on sales and shipping prices. kits on ebay sell for 150 or less. replacement grubee engines sell for 150. ebay replacement engines sell for around 90 or less. i picked up a replacement engine for 90 from boygofast on ebay. i liked it better than my grubee engine as soon as i pulled it out of the box and noticed that the front engine mount would fit my wider down tube. no more rigging. and even before i got my x chamber, the ebay engine had a lot more power than i was used to with the grubee engine. at 22 mph top speed, i was scared to drive my bike the first couple times because i could feel that extra torque. after installing my expansion chamber, i gained ten mph and a significant amount of torque. i would say my engine probably has 3.5 to 4 hp. another big thing with grubee is terrible customer service. i speak from personal experience here. i lost $50 to grubee on a part i never received. i called them and they refused to send me the part because according to them, it was already sent. grubee has gotten a really bad rep because of their lack of customer service. i know when i order something on ebay, there is a 95 percent chance of me getting what i ordered. i havent ever once gotten a bad item from ebay. i cant say the same about grubee.