The present status of the two stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi. I thought I would mention three two stroke engines I saw in Popular Mechanic Magazine. Two were in the August issue I saw at work yesterday. One was from Ecomotors, a company Bill Gates invested about 24.5 million dollars in, the engine is high mpg, I think clean burning and it has one horizontal cylinder with two pistons in there I think going in the same direction, maybe ignition is in the center of the cylinder, I can't remember. Cylinders can be arranged adjacent to each other for big rigs, and some can idle or be used as needed.

The second two stroke was on a cut-off saw cutting two inch angle iron like a "hot knife through butter" . It was $1100.00 with separate compartments for fuel and oil which the two stroke engine mixed itself as needed.

The third I read about a few months ago was from Lockheed. I think it is two, two stroke engines you strap on your back like a jet pack to fly you around in the air. For now only the military uses them. I don't think the military is concerned with environmentally green. I'm sure the brave and 110% devoted people there will determine how well it works and how safe it is.

Maybe the two stroke engine will find a larger role in its use in society and in the military in this decade and the next one? I like how they sound, and I like the power-to-weight ratio. I like the sound and power and of 4-strokes too. Thankyou.