don't know why I still come here

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
While I've not had a motor on a bike for 2 years now I still visit this site several times a day. I come to see the pictures that people post of their builds and try to offer help where I can.

Fact is, seeing all the nice bikes that people are having so much fun building and riding, is getting kind of frustrating. I can't afford a motor, **** I can't even afford to get rid of the fleas that are kicking my cats poor furry little butt.

If you ever care to learn how a really poor person has to live come and visit with me for a little while. We might go a little hungry at the end of the month and you would probable be pretty hot the whole time you're at my house.

Being this poor really sucks. And the really sucky thing is, there's nothing that I know how to do, that I can do as full time or even part time work.

/end rant

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
What kind of job you looking for
At this point there isn't any point in even looking for a job. I can't do any one thing very long. I have a great deal of pain on a daily basis and some days are way worse than others. Two weeks ago I woke up one morning and could barely walk my left hip joint was hurting so bad. For the last 4 days it's been my feet, it hurts just to stand, not to mention trying to walk.

I am on permanent disability and apparently there is a good reason for it. I would love to be able to build custom bike frames made for motors but no tools and not enough income to get them. Working for myself is the only option I can see. I could take a break as needed for as long as needed.

I know how I look in this situation and know what I would think if it was someone else saying these things that I'm saying. Sure seems like one great big ole pity party. I'm just pretty frustrated with my life right now and letting off a little steam. Forgive me.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
The political thing really has nothing to do with my situation. It doesn't matter who is in office, I'm still going to be dirt poor. My only way out is to win the lottery and I can't afford to buy a ticket.

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
The political thing really has nothing to do with my situation. It doesn't matter who is in office, I'm still going to be dirt poor. My only way out is to win the lottery and I can't afford to buy a ticket.
Not necessarily true... in a good economy (with a favorable tax situation that is business friendly instead of openly hostile) there is opportunity to find employment or create your own.

as it stands right now... there ain't crap with regional unemployment at 25% (where I live) and it is only going to get worse by design. if you don't think the two are connected, I strongly encourage you to use your Internet and spare time to make the connection.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Not necessarily true... in a good economy (with a favorable tax situation that is business friendly instead of openly hostile) there is opportunity to find employment or create your own.

as it stands right now... there ain't crap with regional unemployment at 25% (where I live) and it is only going to get worse by design. if you don't think the two are connected, I strongly encourage you to use your Internet and spare time to make the connection.
I understand exactly how the political situation works. I guess you don't understand MY situation. Neither party will do anything to help me. There hasn't been a cost of living increase since before the last republican left office. You want to try and tell me the cost of living has NOT gone up?

So please don't try telling me a republican is going to help my case when it simply is NOT true.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
the economy sucks , being poor sucks , being disabled sucks the most , all the people i know are in the same shape , same boat , heck i even thought about becoming a bank robber , a drug dealer or maybe even something more despicable like ?? a politician just to make ends meet ....brnot

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Ya know moonshiner, you're absolutely correct. Maybe I should just stop visiting this site so that I don't fall into that trap.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
when ever i'm feeling low, and think the worlds against me. i stop and look around. what do i see. i have light, night or day at the flick of a switch. heat in the coldest winter without having to chop wood. hot water at the turn of a tap. **** i even have a microwave oven.
a car to go anywhere i want when i choose. i can talk to anyone on the planet with just the flip of a phone. find all the knowledge known to man with the click of a mouse. buy food of the plainest or most exotic types, have fresh fruit and vegetables year round.
the richest kings in the world didn't have that just 200 years ago. i guess i don't have it so bad after all.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
Ya know moonshiner, you're absolutely correct. Maybe I should just stop visiting this site so that I don't fall into that trap.
man i wasn't hacking on you , i was hacking on the politicians , i am disabled too , and i can say that part really sucks the most ... my uncle use to tell me "hang in there kiddo it only gets worse " now finally i believe him ... there are days i feel like giving up , but in the warriors code there is no surrender , that's what i have to keep telling myself ... i wasn't kidding about the bank robber or drug dealer part either , i was serious , its that bad here too, thats the only jobs left ..

Keith

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Nunya, I know from first hand experience what your going threw and it is not good, fun or even tolerable at times my friend.

I truly hope you stay around. Your always a good read and I enjoy your company.

Don't give up the ship until your socks get wet.

Oh! Cat fleas. I can help with that. PM me an addy I can mail stuff too. Carol works at a vet's and we get a big break. My cat moved in with my sister and have some in need of a critter to help.

Hang in there Mon. I got faith in ya!

.flg.

Last edited:

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Dan you don't know what that means to me, especially today.

And Keith, I used to sell weed a few years ago. Then I started reading the Bible again, started paying tithes on my weed profits. One day God, in that still small voice, told me that I needed to clean all the weed stuff out of my house. I put it off for two days and that still small voice was very persistent by then. That second night I said ok God, first thing in the morning I'll pack it all up and give it to Dave. I did that the next morning, I'm really glad I did that. That afternoon while I was at the University of Memphis, studying theater, set design, when I got a call. It was my landlady and she told me the cops were at the house looking for me.

Oh boy was my heart really pounding then. I told her thanks for calling and that I had NOTHING in the house the cops would care about, I'd cleaned it all out that morning. I called my brother from another mother and he came and picked me up from school. We went to my house to make sure it was clean and i left my books. We then went to the police station in my neighborhood, it also is the main police station for Memphis. I told the officer at the front desk what had happened and that I was a little confused as to why they would have come to my house. She was very kind and looked my info up on her computer and gave me a detectives number. I called him, we talked for about 5 minutes and I never heard any thing else about it.

So that's why I don't sell drugs any more. And my money situation has steadily gotten worse over the years, what with my cost of living having gone through the roof and my income having dwindled to next to nothing.

Just now noticed just how long this post was. And I've said nothing about my nightmare of an adventure with sprint's dishonest reps. Reckon that's a story for another time as it's not over yet.

Thanks again Dan and I'll send that PM. You really have no idea how much that means to me. I've been trying my best to rid Tobias T. Tiger of his fleas. So much so that he is almost accepting of the baths I've given him. I say almost 'cause I think he has given me another scar, maybe even two or three this time. Last bath Tobi had started to relax and be more calm, so I started to relax, then outa the blue he went a little nuts. I wont make the same mistake again, I can promise you that.

Better just stop now before I write a book.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL @ "Tobias T. Tiger" Great name. Had one named Tip Trotski Pish. Thing had a gotee and was a mad terror. I found her under a tire in the rain. She was just a baby. ramble ramble, lol. sorry.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I used to be plagued by fleas too.

Yeah, cat bathing is no fun.

Then I bought a house with Eucalyptus trees and no more fleas. They don't like Eucalyptus - :), but we do.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Wonder if I could get some Eucalyptus oil and mix it up in a johnson sprayer. I'd spray the whole yard and all three apartment here.

Tobi showed up two years ago last Feb. He looked like he was fresh out of the litter and was just about fully feral. I tricked him using food and a feeding schedule over a week or so. Then just skipped two in a row and he was too hungry to stay away from me.

I managed to catch him and have been his human ever since.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i know that garlic and olive oil sprinkled over food works, a cat might not eat it , and cedar shavings in the bedding or spread in the house is good too..

dawn dish washing liquid is a cheap flea soap ..

seven dust is a bit aggressive and works better outside around the house ..

get rid of any carpet and keep the bare floors mopped with pinesol ..

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
i know that garlic and olive oil sprinkled over food works, a cat might not eat it , and cedar shavings in the bedding or spread in the house is good too..

dawn dish washing liquid is a cheap flea soap ..

seven dust is a bit aggressive and works better outside around the house ..

get rid of any carpet and keep the bare floors mopped with pinesol ..
We had fleas bad. Tried everything.

What worked was dawn dish soap for baths.

Removed all carpet. Moped over and over.

Mowed the yard over and over.

Used flea drops.

I stopped using any chems on the yard and now have many, many birds that stop by and eat bugs. :)

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Somehow I will defeat this flea problem, hopefully I'm smarter than a bunch of fleas. lol I have a friend from church that does tree work. He told me about the cedar or walnut shavings making the fleas stay away. I am hoping he can save me some when ever he comes across 'em.

The thing that is really bothering me... Because sprint doesn't seem to care if the have liars and thieves representing their company, I will likely be without out a phone some time in the next week or so.

There is no justice available, unless you can afford it.

That is the main reason I'm so doggone frustrated with just about everything these days. I see our county commissioners refusing to let their free lunches go, that costs the taxpayers 25k a year, but they will fire some poor sap who makes just 25k a year to save money in the budget. Greed and avarice run rampant in the world today and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
This is a little off topic, but a little on too.

In Vietnam I was hit by a machine gun. So there I was, 20 years old and both legs up in the air in traction with pins sticking out of both legs. After 1 year in traction and cast I was still flat on my back in bed. Actually it was 13 months. I blew up one day at the head nurse, a major at that!

She made arrangements for me to be taken to another ward to see another guy on another ward. He had been hit by a claymore mine. He lost both arms, both legs, his eyes and the "family jewels". Lots of other internal injuries too. He was expecting me...and really put it on me. Basically he told me I didn't have it so bad after all. Needless to say he was right. After 23 months in that place I walked out on my own. I had both legs in braces but I WALKED out. He had no stumps for artificial limbs so his life was 100% dependent on others.

I actually had it pretty good I guess.

Terry