clutch pulley mod

GoldenMotor.com

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
I know i have seen somewhere on this site that someone did a mod on their clutch cable and built a bracket with a pulley on it to assist the clutch operation. I cant find it anywhere and yes Ive searched with many different key words. If someone would be so kind as to post the link to the picture I would very much appreciate it.

thanks
Jack

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I know i have seen somewhere on this site that someone did a mod on their clutch cable and built a bracket with a pulley on it to assist the clutch operation. I cant find it anywhere and yes Ive searched with many different key words. If someone would be so kind as to post the link to the picture I would very much appreciate it.

thanks
Jack
Me!!
Homemade Mods pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Click on the signature link.

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
thank you so much. thats exactly the concept that i want to do. that has certainly got to make it easier on the clutch hand.
thank you for posting that for me.

Jack

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
thank you so much. thats exactly the concept that i want to do. that has certainly got to make it easier on the clutch hand.
thank you for posting that for me.

Jack
No problem what so ever... Mod releases pull on the handle by at least 80% on mine. I tested the clutch pull with 6# mono fishing line. 4# was too light of line.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I'm digging that. Looking for a clean way and I think you nailed it!
Where did you get that brown arm? Or did you build it?
You can also go with just that roller without the arm then use the cable stop on the frame. My Skyhawk frame has one in the perfect spot.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
By the way the piece holding the Cable end is a Kick Back Brake Arm when you pull on the cable there will be some give to the metal if you use anything else and the thick metal of the brake arm keeps the cable exactly lined up with the pulley wheel