Need a little more kick for traversing hills

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the plug isn't gonna do much. i mean, it should be better than stock, but it ain't gonna suddenly boost you up a hill or blow away cars off the line.

i read your other post, and i think you should buy that dremel before spending money on other products. if you get a fancy carb but don't open up the intake manifold port, it won't be able to breathe like it should.

another thing you need to understand, is adding a pipe, carb, etc but not changing the gearing won't make you go much faster, top speed-wise. you'll get up to speed faster, but then you'll be winding out your motor, and still going around the same speed as before.

once you get the motor hopped up, then you can go to a smaller sprocket, still get the acceleration and hill climbing, and a faster top speed.

the biggest problem you mentioned is you don't have a lot of money or tools. unless you can find a rich mechanic chick to marry, you're kinda stuck...

Zack01GC

Sep 14, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I have all of the hand tools I need, and have access to a drill and my roommate may have a Dremel. The reason I say I don't have a lot of money is the fact that I don't want to be spending $100+ on a pipe, or $100+ on a carb, when the bike has cost me less than $200 to build.

My project car is a little more expensive to modify and maintain. I'd just like to keep the money I spend to a minimum on the bike, I use the car a lot more! Haha

Thanks for the input. Is there a thread with information regarding porting the manifold? I just want my bike to run as well as it did when the muffler blew apart (ran great), but still have a muffler. It was much more powerful, but borderline deafening... and that's coming from a guy that has straight pipes on his car. Yikes.