What do You do for a living?

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Spent 30 years selling auto parts in Huntington beach back when it was fun. Sold to a lot of commercial accounts, farmers, oil fields, schools, post office, car dealers, truckers, street rod shops, etc. Also did the machine work. Now work for the city reparing small engines and maintaining landscape and other small equipment. Always made toys, motorized and not. Looking forward to retiring in about 4 years.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I am "Social Security Cam"
Although on disabilty for a lot of legitimate complaints, I've somehow become the poster child for right wing extremism- My life has been a constant war zone, and for over a decade now- I've been intentionally disturbed as much as the real truth and public decorum permit those engaged in it to make their war on me.

So many times, after being kept up all night, and at the further expense of my health- I'm held up as public example and hear the mantra of "get a job' quite frequently, although less frequently now that more people are in the same position.

But apart from being "that leeching unemployed gay person" I read (and write) books and draw my life from the eye, all my life is drawings from the eye...

I have many successful lives ahead of me, but until then I remain 'Social Security Cam" Capice?

Last edited:

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Retired auto servise adviser and has cancer.
Sorry to hear about the cancer, go to youtube and enter "DCA" see what you find there about it. Supposed to be a cancer cure that the FDA has tried desperately to cover up because it is cheap and they couldn't buy their new airplane from one patient.

meno

Jan 1, 2010
Australia
Disabled Vietnam Veteran. Make custom knives as a hobby, and try to get on with life as best can. (worked for 30 years after Vietnam in spare parts but in the end crashed out)

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
At present I am a high school custodian since 1995 . Before that , automotive collision and restoration shop owner operator since 1980 . Before that , Punch press and weld press set up man / tool and die maker since 1978 . Before that , commercial delivery truck painter like UPS , Frito-Lay , Safety Kleen , and more . since 1974 . Before that, carpenter since 1973 . Before that , Arco service station salesman on the Indiana toll road since 1971 . Before that , cook and porter at Host International on the Indiana toll road since 1968 . I want to retire in a few years and stop this madness .

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Hey Drewd
If you really are dealing drugs, why would you tell the world ,and secondly...
get a life.

I think everyone who posted should be proud of their accomplishments and who they are and what they have become in their life. Are you?

I have seen what drug abuse can do to people's lives up close.
I have 2 dead friends and have watched several people ruin their lives by getting busted at a young age and not be able to get a job long after they have regretted their past because they have a criminal record.
It may not matter to you today but there are a lot of days ahead of you that depend on what you do with your life right now. Do yourself a favor and give a sh--t.

I hate to lecture but I carried my neighbor, my friend, my favorite motorcycling buddy to his grave long before his time on this earth.

Here's a pic of him and I in Florida before he passed about 14 years ago.
We were always bicycle crazy..
TIM

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I currently work in the automotive industry as a supplier. We develop and manufacture automotive lubes and greases. We also manufacture for smaller markets such as motorcycles, snowmobiles, marine oils, and such. Pretty much, if it lubricates a vehicle, we make it. We are a small company with around 30 employees, but part of a huge parent company that is into all aspects of oil. My present position is Safety, Maintenance, and Production Manager. Try to manage all of those, at one time!

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
I work at the local Safeway grocery store and I run a full time ebay business, and now im starting to run a full time motorized bike building business,lol, they are selling like crazy!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Bouncer part time Walmart greeter:D
That's funny. Throwing guys outa clubs and greeting everyone with a smile at Walmart.dance1

I had a great job at the phone company, until they made me an offer I couldn't refuse at age 55.

Now I'm the aide/ driver for Child Welfare Services. I also returned to college to motivate my kids.

I got into building motorized bikes to ride to work.

Update: Still at my government job. In 16 years, I'll have my 25-year pension @ age 82. Prolly won't be driving the foster kids around, just be pushing paperwork around.
LOL, I prolly won't retire, even @ 82. I get 42 days' annual leave, 14 paid holidays. If I need a few days off, I just need to leave a voice message on my boss's phone. No desire to retire, when I can take off any time. And I'm loving my 10 hours/4 day work week. I get Fridays thru Sunday off for the rest of my working career. The janitor will find my body sitting @ my desk.

Last edited: