New 80cc chinese engine

GoldenMotor.com

LefTTeriS

Dec 21, 2010
Athens Greece
Iam reading some threads concerning clutch issues......but i havent found out yet...if this is, realy my problem.Ill try to explain in simple words (dont forget iam from abroad)what my bike does.
Engine is fully installed plus the rest goodies.....clutch,gas grip....etc etc.
The problem is when i try to roll backwards my bike...clutch lever possition pulled and locked......i get resistance.The same thing happens when i try to pedal....i also like to state that when i pedal....the noise from chains and Sprockets sounds a little bit strange.....like someone is chewing metal...LOL
It may sound a stupid question.....but if the clutch is disenganged theoritically speaking....the bike must move freelly(forward-backward's) without resistance?
My mechanical skills i believe are in an acceptable level....but this thing is frustrating me much.
I would appreciate an answer from site's experts.
Thanks again
Lefteris

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
there will be a little resistance with the clutch pulled in but not a lot, if there is a lot, you may need to adjust the cable more, make sure the chain is aligned right and not to tight, not rubbing inside the engine case cover.

LefTTeriS

Dec 21, 2010
Athens Greece
there will be a little resistance with the clutch pulled in but not a lot, if there is a lot, you may need to adjust the cable more, make sure the chain is aligned right and not to tight, not rubbing inside the engine case cover.
I also like to mention...that i have build the jackshaft kit....so....the chain on the left side is small.

mikewayne

Dec 29, 2010
Newyork, Newyork
I think you should get your clutch wire a little tighten.... the wire must be little loose to retain its normal position.... I think tightening your clutch wire will solve the problem!!!