Spark Plug/CDI Help

GoldenMotor.com

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Hey guys... i just removed my CDI cable, or the plug that goes to the spark plug, and i found out that a piece of metal had fallen out. It is a small bronze cylinder with some small holes in it...

would this be a problem?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yep that would be a problem. You can get a common 7mm solid wire core spark plug cable from many auto parts stores. The CDI side of your wire is just cork screwed in righty tighty lefty loosy. It is good to put Dy-electric grease on both ends when you put it together too.

If you are lucky you might be able to solder your original cable back together but really they are crappy get a better spark plug cable .

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
seriously i live in alaska and everything is more expensive here and i got a new plug wire and ngk boot for like 6 bucks man made a difference to

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Yea that brass thing fell out on me too on both my engines, You can kinda just put it back on the sparkplug and jam the boot back on, but it never really goes back togethor right and falls apart every time you remove it.. theres also a spring behind the brass thing.

Really, your better off buying a proper boot and a normal sparkplug with the little nub on the end. They stay togethor forever, Insted of.. a week.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
if your in a bind before i replaced my plug boot and wire i stripped the wire and twisted it around the plug it worked enough to get me home

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
WildAlaskan: hahaha when I replaced sparkplugs I did exactly that, Except I used the 'cap' of the sparkplug as a nut to hold the wire :) Just keep them fingers clear or ZAP.