Primary Question

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What's under this cover? Can anyone post a picture. Is there anything in there that needs maintenance?

an

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Thanks a lot. That's a good picture. So do you know if it's ever necessary to lube the gears in there?
thumb nail size blob of grease on top of the small gear where it engages the large gear,,if you search the threads you will find that the real tiny ball bearings behind the big gear that hold the clutch pucks want attention at times too
xct2..............drn2

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
thumb nail size blob of grease on top of the small gear where it engages the large gear,,if you search the threads you will find that the real tiny ball bearings behind the big gear that hold the clutch pucks want attention at times too
xct2..............drn2
Thanks for the reply. My primary is kind of noisy with gear noise, but I assume that's normal. I'm a heavy weight at about 215. The clutch works real well and the engine has about 100 miles on it.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
about my weight,the clutch side does quiet down w/greasing the gears (BUT just a small amoune as said before) according to threads in the past.
too much grease and it will get on the clutch material