Engine won't turn over

GoldenMotor.com

BikeGuyver

Jun 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Yep, I'm going to head on over to Home Depot and get a new woodruff key tomorrow (it must have gotten totally chewed up there was lots of metal dust). And better replace the cracked bevel wheel soon... I can only imagine I put too much torque on it or something..

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If by oily you mean that the spark plug was black, that means that the either the choke was partially on or carburetor is set at a rich mixture.
Choke partially on is not desirable. A rich mixture during break in is acceptable, some folks want it that way. It should be correctly leaned out after break in though.

BikeGuyver

Jun 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I got a few sized of woodruff key, one was kind of the right size. Really hard to hold it in there as I'm putting on the small wheel, it wants to slide out the back. Got it running again, but still won't idle. Rode around for a bit and now won't spark, maybe. gotta look at it later. Since my kill switch doesn't work, I've been stalling it, maybe that messed up the key. These things keep your attention, it seems.

Hdmelo

Oct 2, 2013
Florida
I need some help as we'll starting my bike... I bought a new magneto and CDI set and a NGK plug, doesn't seem like I have spark ....? Brand new parts.. When I try to start it I peddle up to about 10 miles and let go of the clutch, I can't hear the engine turn over or anything. It's just quiet. Any ideas?

Deanstheman

Jul 24, 2021
In not sure if I'm in the right spot to oil it this but here I go the gear on the engine turns but the engine does not roll over