G'day from Australia

GoldenMotor.com

coln72

Mar 16, 2010
Australia
G'day all,

I am pretty new to powered bikes with my main experience being with building and managing racing trikes in 24 hour races. Initially this was with human powered trikes, but due to our school not being able to run more that 3 HPV's in the event, I moved to a petrol/pedal hybrid trike.

This trike was powered by a 31cc Honda. I say was because my "good" motor broke its flywheel, jamming the motor and bending the crank :( A quick trip back to school to grab another motor (not used by the sister school team because of a loss of power), remaching another flywheel, back to the track only to find out that all of the mounting holes were stripped. Back to school to drill and retap the holes and back the the track to refit.

Well after being out of the event for 4 hours! we were back mobile in a trail of smoke to finish 5th in our class

This year I will be back with a 50cc Honda rip off which will hopefully give us a bit more speed and not die and possible electric power as well :)

Cheers
Coln

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Coln, glad you joined us.

Congrats on your 5th place! Thats awesome (^)

We would love to hear more plus photos would be great, sounds like lots of fun!

coln72

Mar 16, 2010
Australia
Hopefullly this works. I thought I would throw up a few pictures of last years effort as it is most relevant to this group. These are a couple of very early build shots when I was still experimenting with a petrol electric system. This was changed to a pedal/petrol drive about a month before the event due to electronic issues :(

Bugger, just noticed that after wrk "fixed" my laptop, most of my photos have been lost. Not impressed...........

Looked up the event site and dug up some photos from the event.

Attachments