New Guy On The Block

GoldenMotor.com

earltroske

Nov 26, 2009
California
Greetings. I came across the information about this website and motorized bicycles in the current issue of Make (Make:20). I am very much interested in making a motorized bike and making it look steampunk-ish. Is there any publication or website that has a do-it-yourself, step-by-step guide for building a motorized bike from scratch?

Thanks.

cvlt1

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
when you say from scratch what do you mean. Do you want to start with a few pieces of straight steel and build and weld your own bike. Do you mean start with a frame and buy the components and assemble a bike then add a motor. Do you mean find the right bike and then add the motor. Or do you mean buy a bike and add a kit motor from China or Italy. All those are options and all are possible.

If you can narrow it down a little someone can probably help you. Sorry but I am serious about the from scratch it means different things to different people.

Ps welcome to the site I'm sure someone can give you what you need.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
The "Board Racers and Vintage" page would probably have ideas on achieving the look you want. Of course the special effects are up to you.

We need a steam powered MB emoticon!