Rear Suspension Beach Cruisers

GoldenMotor.com

javelina1

Aug 23, 2009
Arizona
awesome find. thanks for sharing. my second build I was thinking of tackling a cruiser. If I could put a fork on the front, I'm sold.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
These are great candidates for shift kits and probably the only bikes in production with rear suspension that can fit a Chinese 2 stroke.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Hey these are a cool concept. I swear I think of something and Bam next day its out.... I'm still doing my rear suspension cruizer kind like this but I'll have to switch it up a Lil now so people don't think I'm a copy cat....MMMMMMM, o I got it! later people. I've got concepts to try.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
For those lazybones like me - here's a more direct link with pricing ;)

RustySpokes

For $380.00 I'm starting to seriously consider this one... mebbe add a front suspension and lowered seat... change the handlebars... mebbe a few added lil... ;)

Of course if I started with this frame... hmm...

blarg... stupid brain o_O

Last edited:

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
If you talk with him by phone their bike is alot cheaper
$300.00. That is a deal hard to pass up. I have not recieved
the one I ordered, he is waiting on the nexus shimano 8-speed
to arrive so he can lace it up. Great guy to talk too.

Mrakulous

Mar 9, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder if he would just sell the frame. I love the stretch. That is the one thing i wish my cruiser would have, rear suspension. Anybody have an email address for him, I dont feel like calling him.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Man...shorten up the swing arm a bit....move the coilover so it's a little more vertical...add a bit more structure to the rear to support a fender and it'd be perfect! :D

javelina1

Aug 23, 2009
Arizona
If you talk with him by phone their bike is alot cheaper
$300.00. That is a deal hard to pass up. I have not recieved
the one I ordered, he is waiting on the nexus shimano 8-speed
to arrive so he can lace it up. Great guy to talk too.
Great info! thanks. I love folks who deal. :)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I keep remembering this bike, the suspended cruiser... despite how much I've been planning my next build around another mountain bike. This bouncy cruiser looks so comfy tho o_O

Well anyway, part of my next build is the shift kit from Sick Bike Parts, part of the reason I'm building another bike so soon is I don't think the shift kit will have a prayer of fitting the one I have now. Looking at the cruiser again - I wonder, will the shift kit fit this cruiser with the shock placement? Whadda you guys think? There is a LOT more wiggle room on Rusty's bikes than mine lol

shift kit;

Also come to think on it, I've never had or messed with disk brake conversions - how improbable would a rear disk brake be on the cruiser? I've access to both TIG and MIG welding where I work, so I don't think a caliper mount would be particularly difficult... Of course I too would end up wanting just the frame & swingarm :D

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I think the Shift Kit will fit fine. You may have to play with the length of your front mount a little to ensure the rear mount clamps clear the shock mount but should be simple.