Phantom Bikes Motorized Bike Frame

GoldenMotor.com

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I have one of the Phantom Bikes Motorized Bike Frames and I would like to buy a second one. New or used. I don't want anything that has been wrecked or damaged. Only interested in the frame. No complete bikes.

PM me or post if you have one for sale.

Thanks in advance.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes.......and that is a Felt (canvas) frame and those forks are Felt springer (abraham linkage) forks. You can buy them from Felt or Phantom Bikes, they're not all that expensive new.....

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Actually, no that isn't correct. I called Phantom Bikes before I posted this thread. They said they are not longer going to offer the frame for sale.

I also searched the Felt Canvas frames before starting the thread too. No one offers the frame with the petcock and filler cap bungs. In fact everything I have read says the tank will not hold fuel without cutting the tank apart and welding some holes shut.

I have one bike built with the Phantom frame and would like to build a twin to it. The fork I used is the Sunlite Deluxe Springer. If anyone has new frame stashed somewhere I would be interested in buying. Also a good used frame would be fine too.

Thanks

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Actually, no that isn't correct. I called Phantom Bikes before I posted this thread. They said they are not longer going to offer the frame for sale.

I also searched the Felt Canvas frames before starting the thread too. No one offers the frame with the petcock and filler cap bungs. In fact everything I have read says the tank will not hold fuel without cutting the tank apart and welding some holes shut.

I have one bike built with the Phantom frame and would like to build a twin to it. The fork I used is the Sunlite Deluxe Springer. If anyone has new frame stashed somewhere I would be interested in buying. Also a good used frame would be fine too.

Thanks
OOH. Thats too bad. I have one of the Phantom frames ( NOT Felt ) and they are fantastic. No.. You cant have it. Sorry. Got plans. Wonder why they took it down. Its nicer than the Gurbee thing IMHO PS: Very nice ride!

Last edited:

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
OOH. Thats too bad. I have one of the Phantom frames ( NOT Felt ) and they are fantastic. No.. You cant have it. Sorry. Got plans. Wonder why they took it down. Its nicer than the Gurbee thing IMHO PS: Very nice ride!
Thanks, I agree with you about the Phantom verses Grubee frame. The Phantom has limited options for rear brakes but I was able to solve that issue.

I have a Grubee frame also and I am happy with it. It was my second bike I had built at the time. It has served me well. I have two new frames in the box ready to build.

Still I would like to get a hold of another Phantom without paying and arm and a leg.

Attachments

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Look's like an arm and a leg should get you what you're looking for.

I live just down the road from Phantom Bikes and it seems the are available. And if you check your local Felt dealer they can hook you up with just the frame you want.....yes, they are still available and as far as the tank being converted to actually being a gas tank, culvercityclassic spelled it out clearly in post #6 above.

You need to dig a little deeper to find what you're looking for sometimes.....

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Odd. When I click your link it shows "web page not available" but when I go to the site no problem. Must be this dang new computer... I'll try posting it here: http://phantom-bikes.com/phantom-ghost-diy-kit/ Trouble is, He's looking for a frame; as they were originally sold just a bare frame without even basic finishing. This is the full kit with paint fork wheels motor trans, heck even the handlebar! I'm thinking the OP wants to roll his own so to speak. Heck; all his pics show 2 strokes. Not that I like those sorts of things but to each is own ( shrug ) Mines gonna get polished up and fake rivet heads added for a P-51 tribute build. So I wouldn't want paint either if I was looking for new. The frames are fantastic. Same geometry as the Felts so all their old bits like motor mount and BB wide cro-moly shaft work fine but the tank def holds more than the one I did on my Felt Twin build. Scotto; mabey you could ride by some time when your just having fun and get the real deal from John.?.? EDIT: The links look EXACTLY the same but mine seems to be working ( for now ) I dunno... I got nuthin.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Odd. When I click your link it shows "web page not available" but when I go to the site no problem. Must be this dang new computer... I'll try posting it here: http://phantom-bikes.com/phantom-ghost-diy-kit/ Trouble is, He's looking for a frame; as they were originally sold just a bare frame without even basic finishing. This is the full kit with paint fork wheels motor trans, heck even the handlebar! I'm thinking the OP wants to roll his own so to speak. Heck; all his pics show 2 strokes. Not that I like those sorts of things but to each is own ( shrug ) Mines gonna get polished up and fake rivet heads added for a P-51 tribute build. So I wouldn't want paint either if I was looking for new. The frames are fantastic. Same geometry as the Felts so all their old bits like motor mount and BB wide cro-moly shaft work fine but the tank def holds more than the one I did on my Felt Twin build. Scotto; mabey you could ride by some time when your just having fun and get the real deal from John.?.? EDIT: The links look EXACTLY the same but mine seems to be working ( for now ) I dunno... I got nuthin.
You're right......it was working, sure doesn't now? I'll remove it......thanks :)

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Is this what you are looking for?
Felt canvas frame, not shown shorty duck tail fender and chain guard.
Honda GXH, not shown AGK custom carb, carb linkage and UNI airfilter
Phantom billit motor mount Phantom exhaust pipe
EZM transmission. Sportsman Sprocket adapter
Wheels from Venice motor bikes, coaster rear brake, disc front
All new unused. Make offer, all or none.

Attachments

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Is this what you are looking for?
Felt canvas frame, not shown shorty duck tail fender and chain guard.
Honda GXH, not shown AGK custom carb, carb linkage and UNI airfilter
Phantom billit motor mount Phantom exhaust pipe
EZM transmission. Sportsman Sprocket adapter
Wheels from Venice motor bikes, coaster rear brake, disc front
All new unused. Make offer, all or none.
Yes! I will pm you later today after I get home from work.