Alternate 50cc 4-stroke engine list

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Re: Alternate 4-stroke engine list

Roland / Timm,

Oustanding craftsmanship I love it, and it appears you guy's have realized just how much fun these engines can be!

Thanks for sharing the link, I also saw the video from Grange April 2012, thought I was gonna pee in my pants when I saw the trumpet exhaust pipe that was great. Loud pipe'(s) save lives...

Peace C.H.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
You won't find one in America but Honda did the CB50 ohc upright engine in many markets, and you will be able to find it's kin, the XR75/80 engines over there. Yamaha also did a kiddie auto clutch upright barrel scrambler from memory.

chopper

Feb 6, 2009
Sunny florida
I would like to intall a lifan 88CC semi auto 4 peed engine, and drive the rear wheel thru the jack shaft on a Giant stiletto. I have no idea as to what sprockets to use either on the shaft and the rear wheel Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
13 engine perhaps, and somewhere about 44 on the back, but that's from memory about racing 4 stroke 125s on kart circuits. You might end up with 46 or 48 and 12 on the front, depends on wheel diameter, total weight and what hills you have to deal with.

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
Hey anybody happen to know the dimensions of these clone 50cc engines as i am in middle of design phase of custom soft tail chopper and plan on using one of these with electic/kick start and cant find overall dimensions, if possible the one with uprigjt cylinder seperate heights for both gearbox and cylinder thanks. Great thread really useful

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey anybody happen to know the dimensions of these clone 50cc engines as i am in middle of design phase of custom soft tail chopper and plan on using one of these with electic/kick start and cant find overall dimensions, if possible the one with uprigjt cylinder seperate heights for both gearbox and cylinder thanks. Great thread really useful
Did you request dimensions?

Length=450 millimeters = 17.7165354 inches.

Height=230 millimeters = 9.05511 inches. The height measurement does not include intake and carburetor.

C.H.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The above diagram is defo a good one, but it seems to be missing width - which for the auto clutches & automatics is usually 12" max (clutched manuals being a lil narrower).

Insofar as I'm aware while there are vertical 49cc four strokes & clones like the above (internal gearbox, auto, semi or standard) including by Lifan, none are available for domestic import as a single purchase or small quantities... or at least last I checked.

Unfortunate as they're really great lil setups :(

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
The above diagram is defo a good one, but it seems to be missing width - which for the auto clutches & automatics is usually 12" max (clutched manuals being a lil narrower).

Insofar as I'm aware while there are vertical 49cc four strokes & clones like the above (internal gearbox, auto, semi or standard) including by Lifan, none are available for domestic import as a single purchase or small quantities... or at least last I checked.

Unfortunate as they're really great lil setups :(
Barely, dont know if you noticed but not in states i live in irreland and was going to buy a second hand

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yea, sorry bout that I should have said "for export" lol (but I don't know that for sure)... I dunno how common they'd be around you, the uprights aren't very common around here anyway whereas the horizontal ones are everywhere and can be had for next to nothing used, got a running one complete w/the four wheeler for just $50 for example.

Last edited:

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
Hey all, I'm new to the forum as well to mob seen. I'm working on my first build to get started. Nothing special. This thread about all the alt 4 stroke motors is great. Before I even joined this forum I was thinking of putting a lifan on my Micargi stretch cruiser.

.shft.