gasbike vs. rose326a... pros and cons !!!

GoldenMotor.com

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
I've ordered and built two kits from gasbike. I ordered two kits from rose326a on ebay... just finishing the first build. here's some comparisons...

Gasbike.net

kit comes with the motor apart. I kinda like this because I know that the engine is put together correctly and if anything fails, it's probably my fault.
comes with slightly larger tank.. a bit better quality than rose326a tank. shipping is a pain because i gotta sign for the package, which means an extra day. If you try hard enough, you can actually talk to someone on the phone. wrong / broken parts... one piston ring was broke in half... rear sprocket was completely wrong and didn't match holes in rag joint. had to call MULTIPLE times to correct this. quick shipping of replacement parts.
$134 shipped

rose326a on ebay...

fairly quick shipping. rear sprocket is a good bit thicker and doesnt warp when tightening the rag joint. sprocket does not have a "shiny" side. gas tank is a bit smaller than gasbike kit. throttle grip and matching grip are nicer than the dinky gasbike kit. Engine is assembled ! however I might take it apart to look around inside. one messed up part - clutch cable had a kink in it. i sent message on ebay and got a quick response.. new part in the mail. you can get the engine and muffler in black/flat black or silver/crome. instructions !!!! .. seriously, there was a pamphlet with instructions ! in color ! and in english !!!
about $139 shipped

so, both have pros and cons I guess.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've ordered and built two kits from gasbike. I ordered two kits from rose326a on ebay... just finishing the first build. here's some comparisons...

rose326a on ebay...

you can get the engine and muffler in black/flat black or silver/crome. instructions !
Is the rose326a silver engine painted or natural aluminum finish?

The ones I saw were sprayed silver with bad paint that rubs off easily and covers the wires, gaskets, etc.

Those instructions have lots of misinformation in them.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
All the motors I have bought from rose have run fine from the start. I do pull the jug on all new engines and inspect the rings and circlips and rinse out the bottom end before assembling the kit. All rose engines I've bought have been natural aluminum. Some of the early kits I bought from other vendors were painted, and they were ALL lower quality than the natural ones. 95% of the painted motors I've seen had issues with bad parts, bad assembly, or both.
The only exception to this was a rare RICO group kit with the red plastic insert clutch lever. It was painted but was a very good motor. ALL the red insert kits I've seen were better than average. Unfortunately, they are VERY hard to find and seem to just appear randomly in the market occasionally.
As far as rose326 goes, I have bought over 20-25 kits from her and mingsinternational/zminglu (same vendor) with only two bad coils (replaced free).
I'll stick with a proven winner and save money too buying from ming and rose.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The problem with Rose326a is that you can not call anyone. Their is no number or customer service.
They have answered answer all e-mails I've sent within one day. Good customer service in my experience, much better than what I hear about gasbike.
Of course, I do buy a lot of kits so I might get better service since they know me.
I have heard one bad review from a member here, but honestly, it seemed to me like he did not really have anyone but himself to blame.
They won't send you a new motor after you hammer one into scrap trying to install it.
They will replace defective parts within reason.
Keep in mind most chinese vendors (all vendors really) respond better to polite, reasonable requests than to demands for free stuff.

Last edited: