My Motorized TriBrid Setup (Need opinions, etc) work in progress of 3+ Years

GoldenMotor.com

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
So after my motor assisted bicycle died and I didn't get to even test much besides deal with carb stuff, I've been working steadily towards a goal of a product, to compliment what we have avail. Not to reinvent the wheel and make more expensive "kits"

So lets start simple

I'll first be building out a neat bike, 100cc~ or so depending on the frame and such. I may go with my original bike but it's a wee bit unsafe even for pedaling old alum mix frame.

1 or 2 eHub motors

jack shaft to shift kit (Is just what I want to toy with atm)

So I want to toy with the re-gen to capacitor, and batteries from front/rear, stop/start motor under X MPH to use ePower from stop signs, around people. Then when ambient noise is louder/speed (The possibilities/choices of modes is user-chooseable via simple software) the gas motor will kick on for higher speeds/maintaining speeds and also charging the battery system. So if you are in area you know the motor is not good to use. You have 1 or 2 eHub motors and a freshly topped off battery to use. Plus you can enable auto-shut off modes etc.

I still have to test all this, however on paper, etc. It sounds wonderful. The systems to control this have about a 50-75 dollar cost once I work it all out. At first I may buy one of those small engine ECU's, or I have been looking into an Open Source EMS and have been slowly building out a board design off a i4/v6/etc board (down sizing it). The small engine ECU, I can cleanly reverse engineer it basically, to run the open source EMS, then add some can-bus like link to the eHub controller. Then they react on 1 throttle, we maybe can add in a "plug and play" dual throttle for off-road (1 does fronte eHub / other controls the rear eHub/gas motor)

Remember, the end product that may become after my testing/input with everyone slowly changes goals/end things. We want this to be small, cost effective but also give those who are electric only a small board to still buy, and those gas only the EMS to buy...and if you ever buy the eHub motor, they plug and play.

Largest goal is to improvise the end product, to work between standard 2 and 4 stroke motorized bike kits, and DIY folk. We don't want to leave anyone out.

Anybody who wants to collab with me on this, theres a few spots.... :)dance1

I have finally decided to detail this out, this is not even the tip of the ice berg, feel free to hate. My goals are only to link the electric and gas users more, and make both solutions more reliable by alil computer control ^_^

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So after my motor assisted bicycle died and I didn't get to even test much besides deal with carb stuff, I've been working steadily towards a goal of a product, to compliment what we have avail. Not to reinvent the wheel and make more expensive "kits"

So lets start simple

I'll first be building out a neat bike, 100cc~ or so depending on the frame and such. I may go with my original bike but it's a wee bit unsafe even for pedaling old alum mix frame.

1 or 2 eHub motors

jack shaft to shift kit (Is just what I want to toy with atm)

So I want to toy with the re-gen to capacitor, and batteries from front/rear, stop/start motor under X MPH to use ePower from stop signs, around people. Then when ambient noise is louder/speed (The possibilities/choices of modes is user-chooseable via simple software) the gas motor will kick on for higher speeds/maintaining speeds and also charging the battery system. So if you are in area you know the motor is not good to use. You have 1 or 2 eHub motors and a freshly topped off battery to use. Plus you can enable auto-shut off modes etc.

I still have to test all this, however on paper, etc. It sounds wonderful. The systems to control this have about a 50-75 dollar cost once I work it all out. At first I may buy one of those small engine ECU's, or I have been looking into an Open Source EMS and have been slowly building out a board design off a i4/v6/etc board (down sizing it). The small engine ECU, I can cleanly reverse engineer it basically, to run the open source EMS, then add some can-bus like link to the eHub controller. Then they react on 1 throttle, we maybe can add in a "plug and play" dual throttle for off-road (1 does fronte eHub / other controls the rear eHub/gas motor)

Remember, the end product that may become after my testing/input with everyone slowly changes goals/end things. We want this to be small, cost effective but also give those who are electric only a small board to still buy, and those gas only the EMS to buy...and if you ever buy the eHub motor, they plug and play.

Largest goal is to improvise the end product, to work between standard 2 and 4 stroke motorized bike kits, and DIY folk. We don't want to leave anyone out.

Anybody who wants to collab with me on this, theres a few spots.... :)dance1

I have finally decided to detail this out, this is not even the tip of the ice berg, feel free to hate. My goals are only to link the electric and gas users more, and make both solutions more reliable by alil computer control ^_^
Linking electric and gas users in perfect harmony, like Ebony and Ivory? LOL Sounds good to me. Both drives work harmonious on my bike and have for about 3,000 miles now and counting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gA7z3V-YPE