Speed not going over 22mph?

GoldenMotor.com

Newguy

Jul 5, 2012
Iowa
Recently I have had a problem with my motorbike, instead of going 33mph at top end, my top end has been stuck at 22mph no matter what I seem to do. I have replaced the spark plug to a NGKB6HS, I have put a new spark plug boot, Changed the carb, to a RT dax High performance carb, and still cannot find out for the life of me what is causing to to stick at that speed. I am suspecting that it is the CDI in some way but not sure.

Im really scratching my head on this one some input would be wonderful.

Newguy

Jul 5, 2012
Iowa
Not gonna lie, im very inexperienced when it comes to these motorbikes. When I look at the clutch am I going to look to see if the clutch is grabbing completely? and I've probably checked and rechecked that speedometer a billion times, its definitely reading right.

rodolfo19772002

Jun 1, 2011
miami
Hey. New guy. I. Just thought maybe. Your throttle is stuck check the cable maybe it's not going all the way. Maybe that's why u can't pick up the higher speed.

Newguy

Jul 5, 2012
Iowa
I went and took a look at the throttle, the throttle opens all the way just fine. I suppose I might mentions one time before the problem started my motorbike had back fired and I smelt what was burning wire, which is why I suspect the CDI any suggestions?