What's up? From the Smoky Mountians.

GoldenMotor.com

Cuzin

Aug 29, 2012
TN
Yo. Completely new to the concept of motorized bicycles, but I'm feeling a little confident. I need one to get me to and from work, and with gas prices as they are... My husband uses the car to go to work since his commute is longer, mine is 25 minute walk.

My dad is huge into motorcycles, so I grew up on them. I just can't afford to buy one at this time. So between my wallet and my plan I'll just go with a motorized bicycle.

I have no idea what I'm getting into, but I'm willing to learn.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Cuzin welcome to the forum glad you joined us.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask. We have great members who are very knowledgeable and willing to help out.

Cuzin

Aug 29, 2012
TN
I've only just started, and I have no idea what I'm doing. But starting with the basics, I'm checking and fixing up my old bicycle from storage.

Between resources and what I can afford, I bought a pocket motorcycle off a kid and I'm stipping it to use what I can salvage and replace what I can't. TB-02, 49cc engine. Pull start won't retract the rope, and I've watched enough Youtube videos to know where I can start on that.

Once I get my second job I'll want to make a bigger and better motorized bicycle. Something I can register as a scooter and take on the highway.

My brother-in-law was talkin' to me and told me he was concerned with "mating a heavy metal (the engine) with a soft metal (the aluminum bicycle frame)." He was in robotics and he worries that the vibrations will loosen the engine from its mount. I've seen two threads on "vibrations" concerns. I plan on balancing my wheels tonight, and pricing lead shots to put in the seat tube. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
If you buy a kit off e-bay, the odds of get crapy motor increases . the company's you See here your have much much better warrentys ,and customer support .

adastra

Aug 25, 2012
Tennessee
Hello Cuzn, I'm from the same state and just joined also. This is a really great forum. Even just lurking I've been learning a lot.