Tampa Bay Florida
Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Right ?

Quote:

Any bicyclist shall stop upon demand of a peace officer and permit his
bicycle to be inspected. (RSA 265:144 VIII)

http://sakai.sau53.org:8080/access/...rces/parent resources/NHHighwaySafetyBike.pdf

They got some bicycle laws ! :)
pretty sure nearly every state does, but did you know the state of new hampshire actually has a program designed to get bicycle helmets for riders under 16, that way there is no excuse for them to ride with out one and thus outside the law?

if an officer stops someone under 16 with out one he'll refer you to the station (at least in manchester) to get a voucher, which allows you to get any bicycle helmet under $60 (which there's plenty of) for free at a participating bike shop.

bicycle laws are commonplace, so whats wrong with new hampshire having some just to keep everything in place, just like every other state?

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
pretty sure nearly every state does, but did you know the state of new hampshire actually has a program designed to get bicycle helmets for riders under 16, that way there is no excuse for them to ride with out one and thus outside the law?

if an officer stops someone under 16 with out one he'll refer you to the station (at least in manchester) to get a voucher, which allows you to get any bicycle helmet under $60 (which there's plenty of) for free at a participating bike shop.

bicycle laws are commonplace, so whats wrong with new hampshire having some just to keep everything in place, just like every other state?
I guess.

Big brother can inspect my bicycle I guess.

Are they trained in bicycle inspection ?

Where are the bicycle inspection guidelines for N.H. ?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Ah yes it may be ... But first they hassle the doopers then the rest of us!
Were are the bicycle inspections guidelines indeed, I've been asking that question in IL. For years now . Who is better quilifed a cop or a local rider chosen from our own ranks?
IMO this is a call for some form of self regulation , like the nhra does in many states.
We should have our own safety insp. And rider cert. Process . By state or national ,work tword a political lobby for mb rights...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's a very good idea, Prussian. An inspection body made up of fellow motorbikers. The National Street Rod Association has been doing this for years and many insurance companies recognise the validity of these comprehensive inspections.

Maybe it's time to start looking at a national motorized bicycle association, NMBA?
No I don't want to see annual membership fees or a magazine full of advertising but maybe a group that, if big enough, would have some voice in local/national legislation.
Just a thought.
Tom