Which kit should i purchase for my first build?

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I want a dependable kit i was thinking about a grubee but also on piston bikes the jet 80 looks nice to which kit do you guys recommend? i know that i saw a kit that came with the good rear hub to mount the sproket to i think.... So which kit would you recommend and what upgrades.... This is going on the a schwinn delmar. I have already fixed the fenders.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
So i found the kit with the heavy duty axle and it was the phantom is that a good kit and does the sproket mount on the axle like a disk brake rotter or does it still mount on the spokes? And is that a good kit, it looks pretty good to me.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Ive built 5 bikes and I always use this kit

GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

the carb is the better then the newer 2010 gt5 (almost foolproof), the price is better, and the customer service is excellent
Kings/ Gasbike has THE WORST customer service of anyone out there!
They don't answer e-mails, shipping is terrible and reputation is totally crap!

DO your homework before taking advice about any vendors here....BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TiM

demac

Mar 8, 2010
Canada, Ontario, Brampton
Tim you are so right!!!! I just bought a new zoombicycle kit and shorty expansion chamber for not even 200 with free shipping. (Canada)

My grubee motor did not last long back to, also gasbike/ kings seent me the wrong kit which i got screwed over by. losing 30 bucks and i was not able to afford to ship back and do the whole procedure of praying for it to arrive alive.

But once again like Tim did say Do Your home work, even try to find a vendor close enough to you?
Good luck!