Howdy! New guy from Oklahoma.

GoldenMotor.com

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
Okay gang, I've spent the past couple of hours unboxing and installing my motor kit.

Few notes: It was packed decently.

They sent me a chrome muffler instead of the black one I was supposed to get ( and want, since chrome doesn't really fit the theme of the bike all that well).

my pedals hit the muffler slightly, but the shift kit comes with a whole new crank set, so I'm hoping the shift kits pedals won't hit.

My downtube is huge, and I had to "clearance it" a bit (ie: hit with hammer) to get the forward mounting to work. Also, because of the large downtube the forward studs were not long enough. I removed them and used bolt instead.

I worked all day and I'm starting to get rummy, so I'm calling it a night so I don't make a stupid mistake. Here's a pic of my progress for tonight:

Attachments

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Probably not a good idea to put junior in that seat. If something goes wrong you would not want your child to be in there- use it for trips to the store.

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
Probably not a good idea to put junior in that seat. If something goes wrong you would not want your child to be in there- use it for trips to the store.
Wow, I hadn't even noticed that but that pic does kind of make it look like that seat is on my bike. Thanks for the concern but actually that seat is attached to my wife's (non-motorized) bike that is sitting right behind mine:

I agree that would be a bad idea to put a toddler seat on one of these.

Attachments

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
Progress is coming slowly. I didn't realize that for the shift kit you need a bike with a 3-piece crank, and my frame was made for a 1-piece. I now have the 1-piece to 3-piece adapter set on order from Sick Bike Parts.

Sooooo, whilst waiting for the pieces necessary to finish the shift kit, I swapped out my seat, added my rear rack and installed my tail light. I'm finished body-wise except for a front off-road style fender, which is on its way.

Here's the pics:

Papa's helper (you can see the motor is back on, with jack shaft but crank set is missing):

Close-up of the mostly-assembled jack shaft: (Note: Missing muffler - Rather then take the time to send back my chrome muffler and get a replacement, the seller and I worked out a $10 refund for me to buy some high-heat paint and paint it black myself. Its out in the garage drying its first coat tonight)

Rear rack, currently holding my helmet:

Bell tail light (Has solid-on or several different flashing patterns to choose from):

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Lookin' real good, kinda feelin' the "urban assault vehicle" theme if ya know what I mean lol

One thing tho if ya don't mind, I see you've gotten the Dax jackshaft - I also notice the left side plate lacks the angle steel reinforcement the SBP one does... I wouldn't be concerned except we just had another member bend his from drive torque, despite having such reinforcement. Apparently it hadn't been properly welded from the manufacturer.

Here's a pic of the brace I'm referring to (click to view);

Dunno ifn it'll actually be a problem, but it's somethin' worth keepin' an eye on and easy 'nuff to upgrade if needful ;)

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
Lookin' real good, kinda feelin' the "urban assault vehicle" theme if ya know what I mean lol

One thing tho if ya don't mind, I see you've gotten the Dax jackshaft - I also notice the left side plate lacks the angle steel reinforcement the SBP one does... I wouldn't be concerned except we just had another member bend his from drive torque, despite having such reinforcement. Apparently it hadn't been properly welded from the manufacturer.

Here's a pic of the brace I'm referring to (click to view);

Dunno ifn it'll actually be a problem, but it's somethin' worth keepin' an eye on and easy 'nuff to upgrade if needful ;)
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it!

Ara