about to install my first kit! Thanks for all the great info available here!

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Got a 49cc kit (lacking any instructions-not surprised) today and just waiting for the sun to come up to go get the tools out! I am installing on a Wheeler mountain bike which i just purchased off of Craigs list. Hope this goes well, I would like to get another engine for my son if I am pleased with this one. Any leads to some kind of instructions would be greatly appreciated! I am mechanically inclined and being so I do like to ask questions. I am really looking forward to this new hobby.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Yea ,lol even if you did get the instructions, you wouldn't want to use them. Not very good. But here is a few good places. Page Title Sick Bike Parts FAQs And so far to me this is the best instructions, as you can download right to your puter, and if you have a laptop its handy to have sitting next to where your building Bicycle Motor Installation Manuals - Bicycle Gas Motor Installation Manuals - Gas Bike Motor Kits Installation Manuals I got all of these links just by clicking all the vendors on the sides, you should always check all the sites. And good luck on your build. You will find all the help you need here.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thanks for the info! I got a reply from the vendor I purchased my kit from and they first sent instructions for an electric set up! Then the gas instruction email arrives and its nothing but maintenace-handy but you have to be able to use it before it needs any work done it!! I found the info needed for the carb from "Norm", just wanted to be sure my assuptions on assembly were correct. Now just need to finish the pot of coffee and get to it!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you have read about our mistakes and will not repeat them.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Using the tons of info in this forum really made a difference in my assembly! At the end of 3.5 hrs I was cruising down the street! just a little tweeking with the throttle cable to get the slide to close all the way (idle down) and all is well! My local auto parts store only had semi synthetic oil, will that make much of a difference? I will switch to full syn for the next gallon of fuel if i can find it.

Last edited: