Sportsman Flyer Wide Crank and small sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Has anyone purchased the wide crank and sprocket set from Sportsman Flyer? Is the quality far superior to the others on the market? Examples: Is the shaft a more harder steel making for no stripped threads? Anybody have any failures? Do the locking pins hold tight without gouging its mating surfaces? I want to purchase it because I like the fact it has the small sprocket which I need as well as the short crank arms. I need the clearance space. They are expensive so Id like some feedback before I spend the money. Cheers and thanks .

Last edited:

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
First, Thanks for sharing the information. I just ordered my set from Sportsman Flyer today.

Do you guys know if the sprocket will shift/adjust/slide over to the right roughly a half inch or a little less to line up with my fat bike wheels? My build is for a fat bike frame I am fabricating myself. Im using a 3.5 inch rim with the wider hubs. So this means for my front sprocket to line up with the rear, the front sprocket needs to shift over to the right a tad bit. I believe if the Sportsman setup will shift a half inch to the right from the regular beach cruiser measurement, I will be fine. Im just a little worried as Sportsman does not accept returns. Cheers and thanks again.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
I guess if the keyway ends too short for my use, I can always put the shaft on my mill and extend the keyway to the correct legnth. I dont think I will have to but if all else fails, I can.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks everyone for the product support! The pedal side sprocket is adjustable for chain alignment. A 1/2" out from frame centerline shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks,
Pat

Bruce Lee

Dec 13, 2010
California
Has anyone purchased the wide crank and sprocket set from Sportsman Flyer? Is the quality far superior to the others on the market? Examples: Is the shaft a more harder steel making for no stripped threads? Anybody have any failures? Do the locking pins hold tight without gouging its mating surfaces? I want to purchase it because I like the fact it has the small sprocket which I need as well as the short crank arms. I need the clearance space. They are expensive so Id like some feedback before I spend the money. Cheers and thanks .
Everything Pat makes at Sportsman Flyer is Top shelf

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Thanks for all the replys guys. Ive looked at the Sportsman Flyer website and can say Im impressed with their one of a kind products and creations. Cheers. Thingswithwelding

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
I received my Sportsman Flyer Wide Pedal Crankset. How come it isnt fitting my beach cruiser chain? The Sportsman Flyer website states the following, quote, "Pedal sprocket has ½” pitch and works with standard cruiser bicycle chain, 415, #41, and BMX style chains. Well? It dont fit. I got a returning email for my concern telling me to check my local bikeshop for the correct chain. I did that. None of my local bicycle shops chains fit. Please help. Thanks in advance. Cheers. Thingswithwelding

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Im fabricating my own frame and design. I trying to run the main crank and sprocket out to two jackshafts-then out to the rear sprocket cog. Its mainly for breaking and slow pedal riding like a moped in a sense. And mainly for legal purposes as well.