Bargain Bike Stand

GoldenMotor.com

2old2learn

Sep 17, 2008
Discountramps.com
1. Choose clearance sale, far right in blue banner near top.
2. Select page 5
3. Item in bottom row, center.
Folding bicycle repair stand for $19.99.

Just received mine in today. Will post update tomorrow after I've assembled it. Just got home at 11pm.

Looks like a good value.

Wayne

2old2learn

Sep 17, 2008
Got up at 6 am and assembled the bike stand. Certainly not the quality of a Park bicycle stand but well worth it's low price of $19.99. I will make a couple of mods to it so it will better accommodate the unusual large square aluminum tubing used on the frame of the modern Specialized Rockhopper 29ers, which also makes their bottom pedal axle area much larger than typical bikes and doesn't fit into the bottom bracket support on the stand as well as it should.

It's going to make my rear mounted Honda GSX50 and Stanton pedal axle shift kit a lot easier to install once I receive it. Mounted in the stand, my bike seat is about eye level. So I won't be on my knees having to work on the bike, as they are still quite sore from having to beg my wife into letting me build this new toy!

Wayne

2old2learn

Sep 17, 2008
Clearly a higher quality product, but 5 times the price. I couldn't build one much cheaper than 19.99. I was looking at the Parks stands when serendipity stepped in and I crossed linked into this companies website and I didn't see much that interested me so I checked their clearance items and saw their bike stand on sale. Couldn't resist it at that price. I have 6 bikes, most of them road bikes and two motorized bikes when I finish my Rockhopper. So a maintenance bike stand will be used around my house.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Keep us posted on how it works out with a motorized bike in it.

The Park is 3x the price, yes. But the title is "bargain bike stand", and @ 109 shipped I thought I would share that bargain price.

2old2learn

Sep 17, 2008
Can't deny it is a good price for a Park stand as I was seeing several that were $50.00 or more, higher than that one. Many of our group might not consider one at $100.00 but might at $19.99 plus shipping.

Caveat emptor!

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
had one like one of those (everhold) stands . 5-6 years ago I think. It looked the same but I don't think it was folding. About a year ago I got one sort of like this- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Bike-Ad...767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566da639c7 I like it a lot better. Its a lot more versatile and a lot of bang for the buck. After looking a bit closer I can see that this newer one in the link is a little different from mine. Mine ( see pic) has a lever at the back so you can rotate the clamp and lock it. I think I paid 40 bucks or so cant remember.

Last edited:

2old2learn

Sep 17, 2008
That also looks like a fantastic value. I believe it is more versatile in regards to its mount.