2 Stroke Happy time engine mounting

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
As many of you know, I'm on about my 50th bike build now(labeled trek cruiser) I saw someone who had built their first bike but they took the rear mount off to get the motor to sit in the frame, it seemed very solid. Is this safe or very hard on the motor? It seems like it's just fine and won't fail anytime soon. My cruiser....the rear mount will not sit flush over the seat tube it is slightly too large, if I take a dremel to the mount can I grind it to make it fit better or just trash it all together like the other guy? This is the first time I've encountered the problem. If I managed to grind it a bit it would fit snug. Here is a picture of the piece thanks! I think my best bet will be to grind the mount a little bigger so it fits!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: 2 Stroke Happy time mounting

Grind away. That's the best option. I'm not sure what you mean about the other guy's rear mount. Is the rear of the engine not attached to the frame? That is asking for trouble. The engine needs to be solidly mounted both front and rear.

The better the mount fits the seat tube the better off you'll be. A trick is to use a sanding drum the same diameter as the seat tube. Watch the angle so you get it to fit flush and set the engine where it needs to be. I also recommend replacing the studs with long Allen head capscrews. That eliminates one set of threads to worry about.

Good luck.

Tom

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Re: 2 Stroke Happy time mounting

Grind away. That's the best option. I'm not sure what you mean about the other guy's rear mount. Is the rear of the engine not attached to the frame? That is asking for trouble. The engine needs to be solidly mounted both front and rear.

The better the mount fits the seat tube the better off you'll be. A trick is to use a sanding drum the same diameter as the seat tube. Watch the angle so you get it to fit flush and set the engine where it needs to be. I also recommend replacing the studs with long Allen head capscrews. That eliminates one set of threads to worry about.

Good luck.

Tom
He had the rear mounted SOLIDLY but with the engine block sitting against the sseat post, WITHOUT THAT piece, and the clamp on like usual.....it works fine.......just curious