I have been cut off!

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
I have been looking at 2 stoke kit dealers, and none of them ship to California. I used to buy these engines all the time though, so I don't know what happened in the meantime. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of 6-10 kits for around $150 each? This summer I was planning on building and selling motorized bicycles to people in my area, but am now running into all the red tape.

Thanks everyone,
-Chris

Confirmed California Sellers:

Engine Online Shop: http://www.enginesonlineshop.com/

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
try rose326 or mingsinternational. I hear they still ship to cali, but I'm not sure...
Worth a try anyway.

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
I keep seing on the verrious website that sell the kits that its something dealing with California laws and regulations . hmmm so if you can figure out a way someone in a diferent state receives them then mails them to you I don't know what els could help.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Some vendors ship engines without a carb, so it considered a part and a non running engine.
But you can always buy a carb separately

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I have been looking at 2 stoke kit dealers, and none of them ship to California. I used to buy these engines all the time though, so I don't know what happened in the meantime. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of 6-10 kits for around $150 each? This summer I was planning on building and selling motorized bicycles to people in my area, but am now running into all the red tape.

Thanks everyone,
-Chris
What happened? Liberals took over the state is what happened! Okay, as far as I understand it, it is against the law to send a 2 stroke engine into the state of CA (unless you pay off the proper officials). However it is not against the law to send a 2 stroke engine within the state. Therefore, to get one you must find a dealer located in CA. It is not against the law to own one or use it in CA. Also, it is not against the law to send 2 stroke engine parts into the state. You can buy a lower end crank case and an upper end (cylinder, head, and piston set) and put it together yourself. "Seig Heil!!"

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Build 4-strokes....79cc HF preds are less than $99 a pop. Be creative with your builds instead of using cookie cutter china 2-stroke kits that are hit or miss. Build reliable bikes that won't haunt you.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
it's funny how a lot of people don't seem to be able to read
or don't take the time. the above link clearly states in large bold red letters

Due to regulations NO CALIFORNIA RESIDENCE BUYER

I looked briefly and didn't find that, I shall re-look, since my speedy post enthusiasm has dwindled somewhat since.

OK, the BIG RED letters
I found them.

You need a smuggler then.
(but that would be unlawful)

Last edited:

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
It doesn't say they ship to California
(this is not sarcastic: really - never saw that? I called them up a while ago before I first ordered from them and the guy said that they do no problem) They still do as of the kit I bought from them that got delivered on monday.... -Moto

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Rose326a is the seller I keep trying to buy from, and I first contacted him/her about shipping to cali because they do not say otherwise on the page. They responded "we do not ship there" even though they are located in cali. I then sent them a message asking where in CA they are located, so i might be able to just drive to their warehouse/storefront and pick up the engines myself. I am awaiting the answer.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I thought I had found a site that ships to Cali........however, the fine print under the kits says otherwise. Tried to delete this post, but couldn't.

Good luck!

Last edited: