29" beach cruiser at w mart

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup.
Harley bars are 1" but there should be no problem getting an aftermarket throttle.

Gosh!
Sure sounds like you had tons of fun building your new custom performance machine!!!

Congrats on your triumph over the challenges! :)

I really don't know of any other motorized transport that is so much fun and can be done for so little money.

and by golly, they are even useful!

Best
rc

steveonbroadway

Apr 10, 2012
Holiday, FL
you must have the black onyx the crome one has standard bars, a friend of mine cute the bar ends off and braze in tubing from home depot, he has built alot of these, i taught him how to braze and his fix works good, im not a fan of drilling holes in frame I make mounts to fit and find studs that work, I also work at a machine shop wich helps alot.. best of luck:)

ballentinesr

Jan 21, 2012
maryland
I have a Wally world Onyx 29" cruiser. The first thing I did was to peel off the stickers from the wheels and wet sand the decals off the frame. (It looks much better now.) There's been alot of reengineering and fabricating. I adapted the front motor mount to fit the bigger aluminum frame tube. Redrilled the sproket to match up to the 48 spoke wheel lacing. The grips didn't fit the 1" handle bar tubing so I cut off and welded 7/8" pipe into the handle bars. I'm going to have to fabricate an exhaust pipe since the one supplied doesn't make it around the frame. A friend of mine did paint flames on the tank, otherwise, it's all gloss black. All in all, I can't wait to take it for a spin. I'll claim to have the biggest moped in Hagerstown. (MD) We'll see how the frame holds up! Oh yea, I got a 68cc engine kit from GasBike.net. They are great to deal with. Jon

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I do however need a 1" twist grip throttle. The only ones I've seen online are for mini bikes. Would that work for my 1 inch bicycle handlebars? Right now I have a small pair of vice grips that I am pulling on. LOL not too safe!
:-||
Thanks
Harley's have 1" throttles, so an after market throttle for a Harley should work.

kcarter76

Aug 11, 2012
phoenix az
I have the chrome astra that i added a 66cc grubee engine with the shift kit from sick bike parts I have had it up to about 48mph here in phx i have some upgrades with a expansion chamber and i will post pics here tuesday when i get it back. I am also changing the front forks to a set of rock shoks so i have some suspension but also so i can add a hydraulic disk brake to the front so i can stop. Then i will be adding some smaller blinkers and tailights because here i will have it registered as a scooter because it goes over 25 i was also told if i change my front sprocket i may be able to achieve 55mph+ we will see its way more fun to motor than to pedal when its 110degrees plus outside .flg

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Onex with my 99cc HF Predator 4-stroke sitting on an AGK engine mounting plate. It's a comfortable fit with a little room to spare.

I have it sitting in frame cylinder forward for friction drive. It will likely be sitting higher than this as I'm planning on mounting the plate using automotive sway bar to frame mount bushings. A Chevy Trailblazer EXT V8 has the correct ID to go around the down tube.

Attachments

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
If you look close at the pics on post #149, the AGK motor mounting plate is a near perfect fit in this frame.

If you want to set it in this low, a little file work with a half round and large rat tail file would get the cut outs at each end of the plate perfectly matched to the seat and down tubes. As big as this bicycle is overall, the little preddy fills it up pretty well.

The inside of the triangle is not as big as it looks.

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
I have the chrome astra that i added a 66cc grubee engine with the shift kit from sick bike parts I have had it up to about 48mph here in phx i have some upgrades with a expansion chamber and i will post pics here tuesday when i get it back. I am also changing the front forks to a set of rock shoks so i have some suspension but also so i can add a hydraulic disk brake to the front so i can stop. Then i will be adding some smaller blinkers and tailights because here i will have it registered as a scooter because it goes over 25 i was also told if i change my front sprocket i may be able to achieve 55mph+ we will see its way more fun to motor than to pedal when its 110degrees plus outside .flg
Please post some pics on what the bike looks like with a front mountain bike shock! A Triple tree would look awesome on this bike! I came close to buying the whole Genesis 29er Mountain Bike only for the front end (wheel, forks and disk brake).

lantice

Dec 3, 2012
San Diego CA, USA
I got a Magic Pie II on my Genesis Astra. At first I installed a middrive kit by GNG but it only lasted about 6 weeks. then I switched with a hubmotor. should be bulletproof by now. I pretty much bout this bike just for the frame since most of it was upgraded with better components to ride reliable enough everyday. top speed on the 450W GNG middrive is about 28mph on the flat and 26mph for the 1000W Magic Pie II. The Magic Pie II is quicker off the line and able to sustain top speed without overheating so I think it's overall a better system than my GNG. my system is at 48V so not a high power setup for now. more concerned of the frame holding together at 60V. I'm more active at Endless-Sphere facebook but once in a while drop by here to get more ideas. =)

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah!

Excellent!

Keep the round side down and watch for cross-traffic!

A too big smile will get you more bugs in yer teeth!

.shft.
rc

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
I have a 29er.It rides well i took off the coaster brake and chain guard.I used locktight on all the screws relating to the fenders the vibration looses them up and fall out.The sprocket in the back i used the six bolt configuration.......it rides like a champ.I will post up some images in a bit