Lean mean moto machine

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Ok... new build.
I originally though... "im just gonna build a reliable cruiser... low compression...44 tooth...stock..." well i guess I dont know myself well enough XD.

Gonna build me a racer.

I picked up a kit a while ago and did a review on it in the 2 stroke section. Its been rebuilt, ported, and built w/ nachi bearings. Still looking for a nice top end roller bearing. Anyway I went down to the treatland store today (its like a freaking magykal gold mine filled with massive ports, colossal carbs, epic pipes and just about everything you can think of) and talked with the guys there. Picked up this insane head which is massive! Anyway got home, built up the motor. Here are some pics.
engine sure looks "cool"

Head needed considerable drilling out to fit m8 studs. Also had to dremel fins so i could fit my socket wrench in there to torque head bolts.

Bike itself was a cranbrook at one point... i think. I bought it at a garage sale for $5. it was painted matt black and had no parts. Build it up with a sick fork, picked up a disk brake wheel set with brakes for $50 on c list. Its got cool bars etc. its gonna scream! Getting the biturbo pipe welded up the weekend. will run a phbg 19mm carb i got from a friend. so psyched. Also hope to run a 38 to 40t sprocket mounted to the disk brake. Pics....

Last edited:

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Thanks guys - just got this power plant bolted down. Got a bro of mine to weld up the biturbo pipe - header is way too long but it will do for now. Pipe comes on at low - mid rpms. This engine came with an excellent crank and runs very smoothly. Got the nt dialed in but it was all leaky n shht so im working on making a spigot intake for this amal carb someone gave me. Its a nice carb with needles and a separate idle jet and choke circuit. Got rid of the SHA / RT carb - those things suck and ya cant tune them at all. Anyway pics...

image-3316755112.jpg

image-742796258.jpg

image-580882834.jpg

image-3316755112.jpg

image-2597413774.jpg

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
OK - update time. Got the amal carb dialed and the think freaking rips! mid range is epic. anyway its still very slightly 4 stroking at full throttle. gonna go mess with the needle. Got a temp gauge and trying to get it tuned so it hardly ever hits 400 F. (ambient temp here is usually 65) header has a pin hole so i have to get that fixed. I also ordered a knock off racing 19mm PHBG carb from alibaba for like $40 shipped, there a witch to tune but my friend has one on his bike and its insanely powerful - pretty stoked. Also got a sick sprocket which mounts to a disk hub from the same same friend, its rubber isolated and super great. its a 38-9 t sprocket. bike is turning into a beast and an addiction. I find myself looking around my room and wondering what i can sell for build money lol.... picked a 3 speed bike out of a scrapper's truck today for free and have an offer @ $75. Also been doing lots of odd jobs for $. Amal carb jets are $10 a piece - need i say more? -MOTO