well just got pulled over.

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
You might want to check your law. Bicycles are subject to the laws of the road,no different from any other 'vehicle' operated on a public thoroughfare.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I don't think the OP is fighting it about the speeding part which he admits he was doing. What he is challenging is his cuffing, bike impounded and the rude treatment he got. Now of course I wasn't there so I can't say how both sides acted during all of what took place. So I can't judge one way or another and will say this.

When dealing with the law never say you know you were speeding or say how fast you were going (or what ever you were pulled over for) and only give what is needed such as license or ID if you are being detained. The police are not your friends and they will use everything you say against you. Don't be rude and answer with bare facts if you have to. Don't consent to a search EVER...

REMEMBER CYA with the law...

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
well i just got a call from the police department today i have to go pick up another citation from there office i have no idea what this ones about guess ill find out when i get there after i renew my license

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
so after talking to a few people about this that have dealt witht he cops in town before im not going to go get the citation im going to send another family member to go get it cause it sounds like there trying to get me with something else to now. i shouldn't have to go get a citation from them.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
so after talking to a few people about this that have dealt witht he cops in town before im not going to go get the citation im going to send another family member to go get it cause it sounds like there trying to get me with something else to now. i shouldn't have to go get a citation from them.
Ahhhh, you learn fast grasshopper...

Tell your family member if they won't give it to them to have them mail it to you. Because I am willing to bet they will say they can only give it to you. The better thing would be to let your lawyer go pick it up.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
What do you think a citation is? Of course they are trying to get you with something else,that's why they want you to come up there.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
that's the thing i have no idea. maybe they saw one of the other guys in town riding around and thought it was me there's 2 others in town with bikes that look like mine. other than that i have no idea

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The plot thickens.....

If you had a warrant, they would have hauled you in at the time they pulled you over. If they "wanted to get you for something else" they would just come and get you.

Or do you mean like they are going to be waiting in the back alley with a burlap bag and baseball bats? ;)

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
there's a few crooked cops in this town that just pull people over to pull them over. there on a power trip ive seen it a few time and its ridiculous.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I can't wait to see where this goes....veeeerry interesting.

So they may well be waiting with bats in the alley?

Maybe they will slip a little meth in your pocket when they pat you down..."Oh looky here, you're in deep trouble son...."

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
i wouldn't doubt it most of the cops are fine in town bet there's a few that are just horrible its a small town so most times they get away with it. cause people don't see anything wrong with what they got for a ticket, so they just pay it and move on.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Holy Cow! Your way up by Iron Mountain! Seen any snow yet? laff Seriously you need to have a lawyer embarass them in front of a judge. They wont mess with you after that. Your case will be a matter of record and you can take their a$$es back to court if they harass you further as payback.