Taming The 4-Stroke Beast.....Kawasaki 124cc

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
thankyou, scotto. I really enjoyed that. I don't know much but the engine is barely working and you have power to spare. It reminds me of the 60's Buick Electra. Is it too much trouble to build a twin engine inside a tandem bicycle, the type of tandem frame where there's room in there for a 49cc in each triangular area just above where the peddle crank is? I got the idea looking at EZM's president Quenton Gunther"s twin engined Whizzer. Thanks again.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
thankyou, scotto. I really enjoyed that. I don't know much but the engine is barely working and you have power to spare. It reminds me of the 60's Buick Electra. Is it too much trouble to build a twin engine inside a tandem bicycle, the type of tandem frame where there's room in there for a 49cc in each triangular area just above where the peddle crank is? I got the idea looking at EZM's president Quenton Gunther"s twin engined Whizzer. Thanks again.
First off....welcome to the forum zean!

How much trouble is too much trouble? I don't think it would be too much trouble....it's certainly do-able, the tricky part would be harnessing the power of two separate engines into one. Other than that, it's a pretty straight forward build. I'm sure it's been done before, just put your mind to it.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I think to run to separate engines to one wheel you need a ratcheting free wheel at each motor. Then if one motor gets ahead of the other they don't mind each other. Dunno that sounded right in my head.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Thankyou for the insightful replies and for the welcoming, I appreciate it. You guys put a lot into this recreation and are responsible for its growth. That tandem bicycle has character. It's big, strong, powerful and maybe at times a little bit hard to control. A good combination. It's not refined and civilized. It's like Elvis Presley "before" he went into the military or The Beetles "before" they came to America or Kirk Douglas' horse in "Lonely are the Brave". It looks like a throwback to a simpler time. That tandem brings feelings out of me. It's strange. Thanks again.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thankyou for the insightful replies and for the welcoming, I appreciate it. You guys put a lot into this recreation and are responsible for its growth. That tandem bicycle has character. It's big, strong, powerful and maybe at times a little bit hard to control. A good combination. It's not refined and civilized. It's like Elvis Presley "before" he went into the military or The Beetles "before" they came to America or Kirk Douglas' horse in "Lonely are the Brave". It looks like a throwback to a simpler time. That tandem brings feelings out of me. It's strange. Thanks again.
Man....no thanks needed, it sounds like yer getting as much out of this build as we are, so thank you! If you ever get down this way (near Mexico), stop by and you see for yourself....welcome aboard, let's RIDE! This is the most fun I've had on a tandem, it's a hard one to beat! It sure is different, now that it's powered.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
scotto, I appreciate you asking me to see your tandem bicycle build. Your instructions: "let's RIDE" and "just put your mind to it" are positive and promote motorized bicycling as a part of everyday life. I apreciate having me as a member of motorbicycling.com.