need rear wheel help ..

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I have an ocean pacific I bought from wal - mart . the wheel is trashed due to too much torque on the sprocket from over tightened chain . I am thinking about trying to replace it with this wheel ---------> BICYCLE WHEEL 26 X 1.75 REAR W/COASTER BRAKE STEEL CP: Husky Bicycle Sports & Recreation .... think it will work ? ..... and another thing about this place is , I may want to lace up my own rim someday , but it don't say if the spokes will work on an 26 inch rim ..... BICYCLE SPOKES 266mm Stainless Steel 14G: Husky Bicycle Sports & Recreation ..... I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me
P.S i have since bought an chain long enough ,,,,my advise on chain is get an #41 roller chain its very smooth

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I have an ocean pacific I bought from wal - mart . the wheel is trashed due to too much torque on the sprocket from over tightened chain . I am thinking about trying to replace it with this wheel ---------> BICYCLE WHEEL 26 X 1.75 REAR W/COASTER BRAKE STEEL CP: Husky Bicycle Sports & Recreation .... think it will work ? ..... and another thing about this place is , I may want to lace up my own rim someday , but it don't say if the spokes will work on an 26 inch rim ..... BICYCLE SPOKES 266mm Stainless Steel 14G: Husky Bicycle Sports & Recreation ..... I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me
P.S i have since bought an chain long enough ,,,,my advise on chain is get an #41 roller chain its very smooth
look around...bike parts usa and niagra cycle have cheaper steel wheels...ive been running them for 2 years and just fine...i use the 26x 2.125 for the back...do you have coaster brakes now?...yes the 41 chain is wider and smooter and quiter...Dennis

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
look around...bike parts usa and niagra cycle have cheaper steel wheels...ive been running them for 2 years and just fine...i use the 26x 2.125 for the back...do you have coaster brakes now?...yes the 41 chain is wider and smooter and quiter...Dennis
hello drh ,,,, thanks an heap for the reply ,,, im trying to get more threads used instead of puting evrything on the ''general thread '' i was wondering if anybody would even come here .... but ,,, yes i have an coaster brake .... and i will check around the sites you gave me ,, usa and niagra cycles 'thanks for the links ,, if you think prices online can be high ... the bike shops around here want $ 50.00 for an cheap .. junk ... alloy wheel .... and some shops wanted $170.00 for cheap junk alloy rims . i will take an chance about wheel fiting issues online before i will give $50.00 for an cheap junk alloy rim .... the only thing that may not match .. is axel size , but that should be o.k ,,, most of the time the caset wheels with cascades on them have bigger axels on them than the coasters .. what typ of bike you have drh .. ? ...but thanks for reply at the wheels and suspesion thread .. P.S most places are good to refund , i try to avoid shipping and handeling , and i allways take shipping boxs apart ''' very slow and carefully '' for possible return package .. i got my 41 chain from amazon ,, good chain good online price '' check it out

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
hello drh ,,,, thanks an heap for the reply ,,, im trying to get more threads used instead of puting evrything on the ''general thread '' i was wondering if anybody would even come here .... but ,,, yes i have an coaster brake .... and i will check around the sites you gave me ,, usa and niagra cycles 'thanks for the links ,, if you think prices online can be high ... the bike shops around here want $ 50.00 for an cheap .. junk ... alloy wheel .... and some shops wanted $170.00 for cheap junk alloy rims . i will take an chance about wheel fiting issues online before i will give $50.00 for an cheap junk alloy rim .... the only thing that may not match .. is axel size , but that should be o.k ,,, most of the time the caset wheels with cascades on them have bigger axels on them than the coasters .. what typ of bike you have drh .. ? ...but thanks for reply at the wheels and suspesion thread .. P.S most places are good to refund , i try to avoid shipping and handeling , and i allways take shipping boxs apart ''' very slow and carefully '' for possible return package .. i got my 41 chain from amazon ,, good chain good online price '' check it out
ive learned my lesson building these bikes...keep it simple...you should pay around 40 dollars for a new steel rim from the locations i mentioned, thats with shipping...i believe bikepartsusa is in florida so you should get quick delivery...make sure they come with 12 gauge spokes...i use the 2.125 because when the tire is mouned it does not protrude and you have more chain clearance...northern tool has #41 chain...10 ft lenghts for 19 dollars...thats enough for 3 bikes...ha...

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
i like the niagra site ... but i could not find an 2.125 rim size only this Alex X101 36H Shimano Coaster Brake 26" x 1.75" Silver/Silver Wheel Rear will an 2.125 tire fit this ? if you can get an direct link to the wheel rim would help ,, if they still sell it ?

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
ive learned my lesson building these bikes...keep it simple...you should pay around 40 dollars for a new steel rim from the locations i mentioned, thats with shipping...i believe bikepartsusa is in florida so you should get quick delivery...make sure they come with 12 gauge spokes...i use the 2.125 because when the tire is mouned it does not protrude and you have more chain clearance...northern tool has #41 chain...10 ft lenghts for 19 dollars...thats enough for 3 bikes...ha...
i think i found it ? Wheel Master 26x2.125, Rear, B/O, C/B, H/D, Chrome Steel Wheel | BikepartsUSA im going to northern tool too thanks i found an 41 chain at amazon for $ 8.78 for an 10 foot chain .. i dont like all of amazons prices ,, but i jumped on this

Last edited:

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
why not spend a couple dorrars more and get heavy duty spokes
WHEEL 26x1.75 rear with coaster brake, steel rim (HD-105): Husky Bicycles
hi corgi , it has been a while since i have seen you on one of my threads ,, i see what you are saying about the dorrars ... if i can remember right , i think i can recall you , among quite a few other people who know about the husky site ..... was on another thread --- some people like to lace up there own rims , and use the husky site for that ... your link was completely different from mine = so thanks for coming here ~ an few more people may show up here before its over with ... the husky heavy duty bikes and parts seem to be better than wal mart ... the h d bikes look like you would have to make an hump back ,, for an motor to fit ... the other bikes , well , i just as soon get an wally world ,, i took 36 spokes off the front wheel of another bike and laced the rim up , put the sprocket back on , ( without seeing if it was trued , ) put my harley boots on lol , and pushed the bike about two feet when my rim and wheel hit the stays and locked up '' the rim is twisted ''( with gods help i didnt cuss in front of kids lol ) thanks for the other link !

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
when I got the Huskey site out of stored favorites it showed two windows to open ,I opted for the industral looking one,I think the other was the red and white decor ,sports one