What is the best wheel

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have a 41 sprocket directly bolted to a drilled high flange flip/flop hub on a 700 C wheel- don't have a picture and not here now- but both alloy 700 wheels (28 cc, 1 1/8" tires) are going on a lightweight Huffy cruiser frame with a 50 motor-

it totally eliminates SO MUCH rag joint and bolt weight, and the 700s should roll well- it takes some fancy brake work, but I went this way after deciding the Schwinn Traveller frame was too short and had clearance problems-

this bike will be light and pretty quiet

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Question on the Husky rims. I've herd they compare pretty well with the Worksman rims and like that the front wheel is available with a drum brake. These sound like just the ticket for building up a vintage cruiser. I've had a couple used front drum brake Worksman wheels (awesome) and have also used the Wheel master heady duty wheels from bikewordusa. The Wheelmasters seem to be strong and are a good value, but for me each one has been eager to rust. How are the Husky wheels in this regard? Are they rust prone?
SB

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I need new rims as well. I am finding it VERY hard to find 24 inch wheels though.. would like to buy front and rear, but keep it under 100 dollars

want front and rear discs.. can anyone give me some help?

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
I am afraid that on this planet it really hard to find a set of wheels for under a hundred bucks that is worth a darn. You might check garage sales and see if there's a 24 inch bike for sale.

I checked E-bay and you can get 24" wheels without disks for about a hundred, But you can't ship them. Its a extra thirty bucks to actually have them on your doorstep.

Mike
:-||

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
Is there any reason you need disks? My motorbicycle seems to stop quite well with just V-brakes. In fact I can kill the engine with the brake.

Mike