spark plug qustion

GoldenMotor.com

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
so if i take the stock spark plug out what is the ngk spark plug i need? will this make much diff. at all? i have a 80cc(i know its not really an 80cc) from spooky tooth... thanks brothers!and sisters..

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
A NGK B6HS will perform exactly the same, IMHO. A B7HS may as well IF you are not running too rich (air/fuel). (Each number higher with NGK is a step cooler plug). I'm running a B7HS now. It was perfect for several months. My fuel petcock broke, and I changed a few fuel and other things - now it's running a bit rich (I can feel, smell, and see it) and my plug is not doing so well. I changed the fuel clip last night....but we were (and still are) having a thunderstorm so I have not ridden it yet.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
No problem - I sorta went off on a tangent. The reason for me even bringing up the B6HS is, sometimes you can find this one at auto parts places but not the B5HS......

As for my tiny knowledge, I have really sponged off the truly knowledgeable guys like BGJ, Norman, fairracing31, etc!! But I do experiment a lot and bounce stuff off Ghost0 all the time....I love it, so I learn it!:D

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
You can also go to an auto parts store and they can cross reference the NGK B6HS to a champion or autolite plug. I had trouble finding a reasonable source of the NGK plugs and this alternative worked just fine. Sorry that I can't tell you the actual plug that I bought because I sold my last bike last weekend and have 4 more to build ASAP for folks who are tired of paying 90 bucks/week for fuel.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am using a autolite plug 295 with one of the direct hits ,DirectHits | Pulstar Pulse Plugs. your 425 must be a hotter plug. going with 30 thousant gap on mine so far, the china runs great! no complaints so far.