how to word a release of liability form?

GoldenMotor.com

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I am thinking about building and selling Mb's on the side for fun. I am wanting help with how to write a release of liability form. The last thing I want is someone riding off and getting hurt, the second to last thing I want is someone riding off and getting hurt and trying to sue me!

Any ideas? Here is a few of my ideas:

-Upon purchase of this motorized bicycle I understand the fallowing. Motorized bicycles can be dangerous if basic rules of safety are not fallowed. It is important to always wear a helmet and any other safety gear that is applicable.

-Upon sale of this motorized bicycle all liability associated with the motorized bicycle is transferred to the buyer of the motorized bicycle.

-It is the responsibility of the buyer of the motorized bicycle to learn and fallow any laws associated with the motorized bicycle that are applicable to the State in which it is operated in.

-It is recommended and the responsibility of the buyer to seek insurance for the motorized bicycle.

KJProX

May 21, 2010
Buffalo MN
I think you really need someone that speaks lawyer and knows the laws of your state to word that properly for you, not us motor bicycle gear heads.

And even with it all properly done to legalese standards, you probably still can get your butt sued.