#2 is done

GoldenMotor.com

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
#2 is done and already on it's 4th ride. it was a $20 craiglist schwinn that needed a spoke and tube. sanded it down and painted it satin black. changed the headbadge to columbia to go with my MA sticker.... my sprocket adapter got reamed out by the local machine shop to fit my hub. now to get through a tank or 2 of oily fuel then to a smaller jet. #3 is in my head and only a few parts in the garage so far. gotta ride it's up to 39* today so far..shft.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Beautiful clean budget build Kartooo! You need to get a aviation snips if you don't already own one, to quickly trim/notch out the rear fender and loose the duct tape fender guard. i then trim the notch out with black or chrome auto door edge strips available at any auto store for a super clean look that covers the sharp edge. With those snips you can even trim the fenders while they are on the bike to save time. Nice build for sure.

Zip--

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
appreciate the compliment. i use painter's tape and a cut off wheel on my dremel. being a mechanic i go more for function than looks....
got dual zipties on both fenders for safety.
just put another 45 minutes on the engine. up to 45* out there now.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Love the black leather spring seat pick also, it really sets off the all black bike. I've used the dremel cut off wheel on fenders etc, while it works excellent for sure. It just took too much courage to maneuver that sparking high rpm whirling space weapon. LOL. Anyone doing it this way, wear safety goggles, thick leather gloves and remove any flammables, and loved ones, friends totally out of the space as if one of those little wheels fails pieces can fly about at supersonic bullet speed.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Very nice job on your build kartooo. Have you done any work to the motor yet? If you haven't thats a really good speed for a stock motor. If you do a little porting work and a pipe that thing will scream. Nice work!

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
ground off the chain cover where it rubs,NGK plug,NGK plug cap, smaller main jet,honda moly paste on crank gear, replaced cap nuts on head studs, allen heads on all engine bolts, blue locktite and double nuts everywhere.
i'll stay stock for now. my favorite part of this hobby is the simplicity