Indiana registration

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Breaking the law in Indiana is the best way. Have any of you managed a plate for one of these? Yesterday they told me that the bmv has decided none are doable anymore..A or B and that they won't be issuing plates

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
The hayseeds at BMV are clueless about these laws. I've been going back and forth with these bumpkins for two months.
I believe illegal is easier and recommend it.
I've had these same suspicions too. From their reg site:

"Overall, scooter, and moped registration will mimic motorcycle registration."
Lovely.

_

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
They won't plate a whizzer...doesn't appear inbred to them so they just won't.
So I go over to their site: http://bit.ly/2auxvsG ..which sez you need proof of ownership, bill of sale, bla, bla bla. But what if you found the engine in a scrap yard...with NOTHING on it ?? I'd like to be a good citizen in full compliance with state and local laws, but this is a bit of dilemma. I gotta lawn mower engine thats bigger than the bike one, and it don't have to be licensed or registered.

_

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
So Iz goes to the Michigan City BMV license branch yesterday to register my bike build. And its $26.00 for registration PLUS.....$10.00 excise tax fee. for a total of $36.00 renewed year after year.

Now how d'ye like dat ? _

_

squirebell

Apr 15, 2019
Could someone please help me out with obtaining a class b plate in Indiana. I have a 49cc engine kit mounted to a mountain bike that is registered in my name. I went into the local BMV and got the run around. They gave me the affirmation of ownership paper, a physical inspection of a vehicle form to be completed by a police officer, and an application for special vehicle identification number form to mail in. They said that I had to get an MVIN. Can't I just use the bicycle serial number? The engine has no stamping whatsoever.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Could someone please help me out with obtaining a class b plate in Indiana. I have a 49cc engine kit mounted to a mountain bike that is registered in my name. I went into the local BMV and got the run around. They gave me the affirmation of ownership paper, a physical inspection of a vehicle form to be completed by a police officer, and an application for special vehicle identification number form to mail in. They said that I had to get an MVIN. Can't I just use the bicycle serial number? The engine has no stamping whatsoever.
The bike is the vehicle ...so use it’s serial number. Good luck