Socal Motor Bicycle Racing Grange March 28th

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
That's what i call the birds eye view!
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ask all those questions Andy ,I had a really great time out there yesterday.
Dennis, Thank you too!

Ray

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
once again, my bike failed me. was fast on friday practice, then went to start it daturday and snapped a ring and destroyed my engine. but i got drunk and got a nice tan.

i'm done with the china class. i hate those motors with a passion now. they're just not designed to be reliable enough to race. i think we've all blown up enough motors to make a slag-pile mountain. just comparing them to the goped engines, you can tell how crappy the china doll is.

the gopeds are smooth and crisp, with no four stroking, very few breakdowns, and fast.

our motors suck. everytime i get one dialed in perfect, a cheap part fails and grenades it.

i've got a minarelli V1 50cc i'm going to build for the midrange class.

and next race at the grange, i highly recomend taking a trip to "hoo's on first" in barsto. awesome bar with crazy people. saturday night there made my whole weekend worthwhile. :)

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
I had a great time at the track! So many interesting things to see and a very nice bunch of people. I would recomend going to these races even if your just going to watch.

When driving to the track I thought I might be lost when the pavement ended. I kept going on the road that was now dirt and found Central Rd. 2 guys on MB's had me follow them the to the gate. Many Thanks to them and all the people that worked so hard to put this event on.dance1

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Jen & I had a great time at the race... (It's good to be back)!

Thank you Neil for hosting one of the best races yet... (This one went very smooth & on time). :)

Everyone was in a great mood & there wasn't any of the attitudes that have been there in the past.

It was a very successful day for me... My new bike ran very well (& didn't break), I took home a trophy & I didn't crash or get hurt! (but I'm still feeling a little sore). (^)

Here's a few of our pics...

image-3794683905.jpg

image-2150411888.jpg

image-2972246709.jpg

The pic below is courtesy of Bill Kelton.
image-556450673.jpg

Last edited:

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
I had a great time at the races. This was my first time so I wasn't sure what to expect, I'll definitely be at willow springs. Good to meet all of you. Kevo 217

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Had a good time at the races, nice to see old friends and meet new people. Neil did a great job, thanks for all the hard work.

Andy and Norm put on some great racing... Super fast bikes...they prove a china motor can last that's for sure.

Another shout out to the DTM guys and congrads on the wins...

bartokk

Feb 10, 2015
Southern California
Thanks Neil for all the hard work on getting this together. This was my first race and it was great meeting new people. I have a lot of work to do before Willow Springs but I plan on being there.

Here's a video of the final race for the beginner class. Unfortunately its from my point of view so not much excitement from the back of the pack. However, to anybody thinking about coming out that has never tried this I want to say "do it!". I had a great time and cant wait for the next race.

http://youtu.be/D6blUW5sWSw

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
Nashmoto is the smoothest rider, I watched his heat races from the fence but got to follow him the whole final. As a new racer I figured there is no better way to learn. Thanks for not doing some batman oil slick on me.
Kevo

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
How could I have forgot my little adventure. Speed run down the straightaway to a catastrophic failure of the questionable disk coaster setup I had on the ktm killer. Broke and sent me on a wild ride to a good crash... Thank god for all the safety gear... Boots and full face Helmet. Got hurt bad but kept my tears for the ride home. Ended up at the ER the next day cuz I hurt bad. Today I feel a lot better... Off work for the week... My phone gps said 52mph.... I got lucky.... The good thing nothing broken...

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Drain his gas tank before the finals?

Don't crash in the off camber corner when you are in the lead? :D

Ken, hope that you can make the May 30th Willow race.
I'm going to try to make it tof the Willow Springs race. I love that track especially when other events are going on. I heard Chris crashed a couple of times this weekend but I'm glad he had his gear on and didn't get injured.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
How could I have forgot my little adventure. Speed run down the straightaway to a catastrophic failure of the questionable disk coaster setup I had on the ktm killer. Broke and sent me on a wild ride to a good crash... Thank god for all the safety gear... Boots and full face Helmet. Got hurt bad but kept my tears for the ride home. Ended up at the ER the next day cuz I hurt bad. Today I feel a lot better... Off work for the week... My phone gps said 52mph.... I got lucky.... The good thing nothing broken...
I'm glad you didn't get seriously injured Jeff but the ankle looks pretty bad.