Straight Bar Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thank You SB and Mick !! Got my moped sticker last week, no problem there. All cables are run, and belts tight. I just am waiting on the mail with some cranks and fuel lines, I am also trying to figure out the wiring of the dymo lighting system (head and tail) I bought a super nova set up 3 years ago for a different build and am finally getting around to installing it, the German translation isnt too specific and I have to wait til tuesday to talk to the light guy at Harris Cyclery who works on them. Hopefully by tthis coming weekend I will be up and running.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
looks like another weekend will pass without riding, I got my cranks from an ebay seller and got them installed and the carb was clogged. I took the carb apart and soaked it in carb cleaner installed it was trying to start..about ready to catch and while peddaling the chinese crank threads stripped out and are now usless. I will be ordering a set from Sportsman Flyer when they get back in stock.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Yeah, here in California we have lots of reinforcement because of earthquakes, I use to use it everyday.
It's nicknamed the hickey

Ray

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I have a set at home, I have to take out the eBay ones and put the others in, I need a lot of clearance because of the sportsman exhaust. I will check after work today and see if I can get the clearance.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Was just thinking about "man, the toolmaker". As a species, we do seem to be good at it. I find tools so interesting, one of my grandpas was a cabinetmaker before he became a doctor and the other was a machinist. I had the good fortune to inherit some of their hand tools which I eventually passed down to my sons. While they were in my care I tried to learn about them... for example, what all of the hand planes were for and how to sharpen and care for them. Learned to respect the tools and feel a connection to my grandfathers when I used them. Spending time in Tinsmith's shop was an education in metalwork or an introduction anyway. The specialized tools were amazing. And when he took me to the machine shop he worked part time at I got to see amazing machines which were capable of making more machines... wow, my grandfather was foreman of a shop like that. Tools for a specific purpose show the genius of human beings. Unfortunately we are also good at making machines and tools of war and self destruction.

Enough idle speculation prompted by seeing the "hickey", a simple tool for making bends in rebar and saving lives. Cool. Give a geezer a cup of coffee and he will ramble along for as long as the caffeine lasts. What are you gonna do, eh? Patience; your time will come. My cup is empty & so am I.
SB

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I didn't get my bike started last year , I ended up getting bogged down in other more important things (3 jobs and a couple little ones will do that) I've started early this year before my 2 spring/summer jobs start. I've put on a brand new carb (its a Tillotson for a Cushman modified for whizzer applications) just received a #41 half link I needed to shorten pedal chain. I'm dealing with a cracked throttle issue so I'm looking for a Whizzer twist throttle if anyone has one. I've also started on making a dropstand, I can't seem to find d a centers and that is heavy duty enough and let's me pedal start with the stand down.....so using some channel steel from home depot I have this so far, I've mocked up some "ears" for the frame to rest on out or cardboard and will cut them out of steel at work today. Also a nice side look of the bike how it sits now.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks guys, and you know how impressed I am with your builds.Worked on the frame support part of the drop stand today just some 3/16 steel tapped for 1/2 in. bolt , and a 1/2 in. nut and bolt with the unnecessary thread removed. I'll bring them home tonight and figure where they need to be welded on the stand and have them welded tomorrow.