Ludwig goes forth

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Tomorrow is the Day Of Going Forth, a week in Swanage both playing music at the start and then holidaying with my wife.

As alway, behave or at least hide the evidence!

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Go forth Old fella. Actually I know of a young musician named Josh Goforth from down in North Carolina. Plays with an old timer named David Holt occasionally. You can probably find him out there in internet land. Quite a talented youngster. Have fun.

Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
On Monday I am dragged to my doom again, this time in the Suffolk town of Felixstowe. The holiday park is mobile homes, trailers to Americans, half a mile or so from the old part of the town. It's fairly typical British seaside, from what I can see. Fish and chips, amusement arcades and shops selling weird novelties you absolutely must have until they are in the house and you realise you have been insane in charge of money.

On Friday I return to my normality.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Better to go forth than come in fifth. I can just picture those weird little novelties and when one of your wife's friends stops by and see it they'll know that you've been to the seaside and you went shopping without the proper supervision. Just like their husband did.

Really, who wouldn't want the Hula Girl under the palm tree who starts singing and shimmying every time someone walks by and yes I would have bought the 12" tall one too.

Steve.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Good you are back. How about picking me up one of those the next time you see one. I probably could use a size medium.

Thanks, Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I am back! The first night, I sneaked a stylish room for my wife, old big hotel room with a 4 poster bed. She's always wanted to spend a night in something classy, but been terrified of spending money. So I told her nothing until it was too late. The next night we were in a chalet like a letter A, she loved that one even more. Then we arrived at our friend's house and she spent 4 days frozen because the friend is a fresh air fanatic. Home, stopped first night n a campsite, then next was a pub. I liked the pub. Then home on Wednesday night. 1200+ miles all told. Oh, and I saw the ruins of a 2,000 year old broch, a sort of defensive tower they think, but the quality of the stonework remaining is a bit more classy than just a hidey hole. It was an expensive structure.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
In October, having sworn never again to fly, I am travelling to New Orleans for a blues festival and several days of alcohol, music and meeting people. Anybody know good good places to go? We're staying in Treme.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Ludwig went 15 miles up the road in June. These lads kindly let me jam with them.

Ignore the bad bum notes at the start, better bum notes later.