No spark

GoldenMotor.com

Batmanpitts

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Here's my issue...brand new motor, third one so I know the basics at least but darmeat thing. No matter what I do there doesn't seem to be a spark first problem second problem is I can push the bike even with the clutch down way easier than k could with any other bikes. Changed cdi spark and magneto. Took piston out to turn it around since from shipper the arrow was facing the intake so there shouldn't be an air leak on the top end. I'm lost. Help please. :-||:-||:-||:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, you probably need to turn that piston back around - read the threads here about arrows and lack thereof - no matter what piston has marked, the ring locating pins go on the side where the intake is

you may have spark that you can't see well - hold plug in hand with hand on metal of motor and turn it

Batmanpitts

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
I actually found a spark but the compression still seems much too low and I'm thinking that's my issue...even with spark still no start

CRP

Jan 7, 2017
SC
I actually found a spark but the compression still seems much too low and I'm thinking that's my issue...even with spark still no start
Even with low compression you would hear something fire. Basics here, it is getting gas right? Gas plus spark will equal an explosion or at least it should.