what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Didn't do much today just stripped and re prepped some of the powder coated parts that came out darker than my liking... I'm still very new to powder coating so I am doing some experimenting and practicing some of the techniques my friend showed me back when I used to paint for him, and the stuff the guy who sold me the powder coat powders on ebay has also been very helpful and quick to answer my questions so I've been asking, waiting for the answer, then trying what he told me, then sandblasting it all off and doing it again. The powder is cheap and the more I do this the better the finished product will look...

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
By golly, while there's nothing quite like getting the results you aim for, and that is an eye-catching shade of green, I kind of liked that chrome you first wound up with.
Once you get good you could have the start on a nice little business, unless you can look people in the eye & tell 'em you just can't seem to get your colors straight.

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
The last time I rode my gas bike, I let out the clutch, without thinking while I was coasting around 10-15 mph. it broke 5 spokes in my rear wheel, (drive side, of course), had to ride home with the rear tire slapping on the right side seat stay. Replaced those spokes, trued it up and now the wheel is straighter than when it was new...can't believe it didn't permanently torque that aluminum rim. Yee-Ha! Back on the road again.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
I pulled off the cap-end from my tinky little exhaust, took the old soldier out for a spin, & immediately got out the drill & began ventilating that cap when I got home. However, I can already see future plans for a different exhaust, perhaps even a straight pipe.
Then, I got out the oil can & some wrenches & did a walk-around, all in the interest of not having it fall apart beneath me.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Added spring to my carb today,...I made rubber seal, for rotary valve on carb, when servicing, but now govener dont spring back as good, but now with this, added, it works good. Also are pics of new motor chain, went from 25 tooth to 19 tooth, also new bike free wheel and cogs, and new 80 tooth wheel sprocket, that threads on to adaptor to hub. After 7 years, my bike needed this real bad. Wow, i sure did a lot of spring work this spring. From brakes to clutches to carbs.

Attachments

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Took it out for a warm-up cruise around the 'hood, then change the oil. Pulled off the fuel line & added clamps. Adjusted my seat on my new seat post to make things feel right. Trued the rear wheel just a bit. Gave the thing an over-all cleaning up, while I debated if I'd be happier with King's 80 tooth belted tranny, or the 100 tooth version.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Had to change out the wired speedometer --- old one started acting like it was possessed.....even after I changed the battery. I went with the $12.99 model this time. Too bad I lost the total mileage that was stored in the old one. Guess I've got a 'lower mileage' vehicle now!

dance1

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
Today I bought a couple magnetos from eeBay, cuz I blew another one.

Two new ones should get me through to august, I hope.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
within the last week ... new fuel filter, new rear wheel, rear derailer hooked up, and today, regreasing front axle.
next week got 40t clamp adaptor coming in, as well as a new crank for my other china doll....

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I've been slowly, slowly leaning mine out. I was satisfied with the jetting til I took a look at the piston through the sparker hole and saw a bunch of coal in there.
I don't want to risk it seizing but I do want it to run right and not get all munged up.
I start it up and let it idle for a couple minutes, then run it at haff throttle for about 2 miles, then it's off to the races for the rest of the ride.
I give it 20 minutes to cool off then read the plug and look at the piston.
Gotta go, the 20 minutes is up..
Have fun!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Getting this powder coating down pretty good... got most of the parts looking the way I want them to... my next move is going to be to start welding in the gussets and doublers to the frame so I can start painting...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Watching......

Glad the powder coat is going good.
Yeah... it's starting to go really good but part of me is kinda wishing I just went with the kawasaki green for my first powder coat project since it would have been done on the first try, but then again it does look much better the way I got it now and the extra practice really shows...

I'm kinda keeping the frame on hold right now as I'm gathering the parts to build a big curing oven, but there's still a lot of work to do on the frame to ensure it won't Crack like my other one did... maybe I'm being a little over cautious but I do want this one to be at least as quick as the first one and want it to last. I'm still going to weld in some fresh metal on that one and it'll most likely be back on the road before the stingray is since everything else on it is ready to go... just put an engine back in it and go pretty much...

I also got that cruiser I did for a customer back for some minor repairs while he's going down for knee surgery... he pulled out the throttle cable somehow and wants me to put a new clutch cable on it... he was going going to raffle this bike off as a fund raiser but changed his mind after he rode it a few times.
I kept that engine close to stock and used a cat eye jug but ported it out for more torque... and that bike pulls like a tractor and easily goes over 30mph... it worked so well I plan on doing all my engines that will be sold the same way... lots of torque and still respectable on top thru a modified stock pipe and stock nt carb.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Test run today, after al the work. Runs super great..lots of bottom end and no leaks on the muffler either. ha ha ha ha !! i used the old shim heat gasket, with some high heat JB Weld..it works. Sure beats having to cut new gaskets from shim material. heres pics.

Attachments

2wheel35cc

Mar 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Buying a new gas cap for my Schwonda because I lost the dang thing AGAIN !!!!!!! Other than that just riding to ride and enjoying the **** out of it :D

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
I just received two new gas caps this spring for my 35cc Bridgestone. The old one seperated at the top, so I plastic welded it. Then it broke again,, so I welded it again, it is still holding good, so I dont need the new ones yet. The new ones are Kowskis and they fit perfectly. Got em from Staton . Also that #25 chain breaker from Pocket Bike Parts .com is amazing.!! Never seen a breaker that good before. I dont even have to pull the wheel and remove the chain like before and do the vise puch trick.