Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Mechanical Components > Intake & Exhaust

Intake & Exhaust The ins and outs - carburetors, manifolds, mufflers, expansion chambers and more to keep your engine running the way you like

ThatsDax rt High Performance Carburetor

The ins and outs - carburetors, manifolds, mufflers, expansion chambers and more to keep your engine running the way you like

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: ThatsDax rt High Performance Carburetor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdax View Post
o yea.. And Rob.. Better Marry that girl.. Do not let her get away !! She loves to ride bikes .. She is a keeper !! Enjoy the ride..
We've been together for 7 years. Might as well be married!
She won't ride her bike until I fix it! She has a better mountain bike than most guys I bike with too.

I wanted to thank you for the speedy delivery on my jet kits I ordered. I was trying to see the status online, because I am an impatient bāstard, and she tells me that I have a package from some place called "thatsdax"!
That was two days after I ordered them!!!! Nice

I was talking to my dad about the air leak situation I'm having, as he snowmobiles, and builds custom street choppers up north. He suggested using a propane torch with the propane on only, not the flame. It will make it idle high when the propane gets sucked in, and it's not so messy. I haven't read that on here, and both of his snowmobiles are fuel injected, but I guess his buddy does that on his carbureted snowmobile.
Since I have three different torches, one that will not ignite if I wanted it too, I think I'm going to give it a shot!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Can you use the cns (red box filter) throttle cable with this carb, or do you have to buy the cable as well?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Idk what you mean by redbox filter Cns. But. I was able to hook up the carb with the cable my Motor came with. I did not buy one.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

i mean this one... But, I think you answered my question.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Duane,
What size jets are folks running in Colorado? I'm thinking of getting one to attack to my reed valve intake.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Jet size is a function of many factors or parameters. Engine size, type, altitude, humidity, compression, lean angle, pipe type, and on and on and on. Even the same builds using the same parts can require different jetting. Mix ratio is also a factor. Bottom line is, there is no one jet size for any particular location. The Carb comes with a 75 jet as stock. This is a good starting point and works well for most. From this point, you can go up or down depending on what is needed. The RT does come with one 70 and one 80 jet kit to allow user to move up or down depending on what is needed. Any jets beyond that can be had as 5 jet kit starting at 60 to 80 for M5 and 65 to 85 for M6. Not sure what the factory does it that way.. But so far, I have not had anyone asking for anything smaller than the 65.. Enjoy the ride

Last edited by thatsdax; 04-27-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Jet size is a function of many factors or parameters. Engine size, type, altitude, humidity, compression, lean angle, pipe type, and on and on and on. Even the same builds using the same parts can require different jetting. Mix ratio is also a factor. Bottom line is, there is no one jet size for any particular location. The Carb comes with a 75 jet as stock. This is a good starting point and works well for most. From this point, you can go up or down depending on what is needed. The RT does come with one 70 and one 80 jet kit to allow user to move up or down depending on what is needed. Anything jets beyond that can be had as 5 jet kits starting at 60 to 80 for M5 and 65 to 85 for M6. Not sure what the factory does it that way.. But so far, I have not had anyone asking for anything smaller than the 65.. Enjoy the ride
Hey, I've been meaning to ask you for a M6 55 jet.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Really? That small of a jet? I will ask the factory for some next time I order.. I must say.. You will be the first to need such a small jet.. Make sure that is what you need and why you need such a small jet.. What engine is it for?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Really? That small of a jet? I will ask the factory for some next time I order.. I must say.. You will be the first to need such a small jet.. Make sure that is what you need and why you need such a small jet.. What engine is it for?
I was just kidding.......
The 65 is tītties!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Have not updated in awhile because the threads came out of the head for my intake. Next project is install heli-coil.

Tags
carb, carburetor, dax, dellorto, thatsdax