Cracked front motor mount HELP

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Ouch... Is it that bad on both sides? I know this is a little beyond what JB Weld can fix, but you could most likely fix it with some Alumaloy and a propane torch, the key to that stuff is the part has to be CLEAN and you gotta keep wire brushing it clean as you heat the metal up to 700 degrees, best measured with an infrared point and shoot type thermometer.
The engine will also need to be removed and you'll need to get all the fuel and oil out of from inside the case.
The other alternative would be to have it MIG or TIG welded, but in that case it might be cheaper to buy a new bottom end from DAX as he sells the really nice balanced ones for $69.99, these are the ONLY bottom ends I'll use when building a performance engine as they're very smooth and rock solid dependable if you decide to go that route...

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
You may or may not be able to fix it but you will have to address the cause. I believe that they way you have it mounted is the problem. There's too much bolt showing. That flat piece on the bottom should be replaced by something that wraps around the tube more. I can see from your photo that the motor has crept forward and the angle of the bolt eventually cracks the casing.

If you fix or replace the casing, it will likely crack again if you don't get the front mounted properly.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You got a good point there... Not only does the crack need to be fixed but also what caused the crack, which is most likely the mounting technique...

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, fairly easy to drill & bolt some angle iron straight down thru those ears, then hook on with u-bolt