Just introducing myself

GoldenMotor.com

damisch

Jul 26, 2013
Sundsvall, Sweden
Hi guys, I'm Mike from sweden and I've been lurking around this forum for avail now and finally decided to try and build a btr-style bike myself.

I'm an industrial designer so the designing part of the build is of course very exciting for me. My plan is to make the bike modern but still with a btr "feel" to it.

I've got very limited experience with fabricating in metal (done some minor modifications to my streetfighter motorcycle) so I will probably ask a lot of stupid questions ;).

I will go with a gx200 engine and some kind of torque converter, home fabricated frame, 26'' wheels/rims (I want to go slightly wider then the classic bikes, I have to research how wide I can go 65 or 80mm?), hookworm tires is the plan right now.

damisch

Jul 26, 2013
Sundsvall, Sweden
Hey buddy its much better to ask a dumb question than make a dumb mistake.
Thank you, and I will ;)
As I said I'm no fabricator or mechanic but I've always loved motorcycles and bicycles (I've actually designed alot of bicycle components in my professional career) so it's always been a goal to learn and do something myself from scratch :)

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
welcome to the forum with your attitude and creative imagination the fabrication skills will come to you naturally. When I have an idea and I can't quite figure it out there's always YouTube .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We always like to see more members from across the pond.
I think you'll find that this hobby will give you an outlet for your creativity and please share with us any photos of your project as it developes.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the party!!

Lots of great info here.......very helpful folks, also.

Good luck with your project!

damisch

Jul 26, 2013
Sundsvall, Sweden
Howdy & welcome to the party!!

Lots of great info here.......very helpful folks, also.

Good luck with your project!
Can't waite to see what you come up with. Welcome to the fourm..........Curt
Welcome to the forum. We always like to see more members from across the pond.
I think you'll find that this hobby will give you an outlet for your creativity and please share with us any photos of your project as it developes.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom
Howdy Damisch, welcome.

Looking forward to seeing what you build.
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Looking forward to starting my build, I will probably need a lot of help from you guys ;) I'll make a project-thread as soon as I get started with the actual build!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sounds like you are off on a great adventure. With a big engine it is important that your frame is strong with good welds, etc. If you have a welder friend have him look over your work if you are new to fabricating. Stay safe and post photos as your build progresses. Welcome to the forum!
SB

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Hi guys, I'm Mike from sweden and I've been lurking around this forum for avail now and finally decided to try and build a btr-style bike myself.

I'm an industrial designer so the designing part of the build is of course very exciting for me. My plan is to make the bike modern but still with a btr "feel" to it.

I've got very limited experience with fabricating in metal (done some minor modifications to my streetfighter motorcycle) so I will probably ask a lot of stupid questions ;).

I will go with a gx200 engine and some kind of torque converter, home fabricated frame, 26'' wheels/rims (I want to go slightly wider then the classic bikes, I have to research how wide I can go 65 or 80mm?), hookworm tires is the plan right now.
Be very welcome, more a European, this is very good, this forum has wonderful people, with many good knowledge in the construction and repair of motor bikes ready to help and solve problems, come doubted these photos and many photos rsss

damisch

Jul 26, 2013
Sundsvall, Sweden
Sounds like you are off on a great adventure. With a big engine it is important that your frame is strong with good welds, etc. If you have a welder friend have him look over your work if you are new to fabricating. Stay safe and post photos as your build progresses. Welcome to the forum!
SB
Yes I am :)

Yes the frame will be very sturdy build, I will probably just tack weld it myself with a MIG and let a friend TIG weld it together.